Israeli soldiers kidnapped, on Tuesday at dawn [February 25, 2014], two Palestinians in the West Bank district of Bethlehem, and two Palestinians in the Hebron district of the southern part of the occupied West Bank. At least seven Palestinians were kidnapped in the West Bank.
Local sources in Beit Fajjar town, south of Bethlehem, told Radio Bethlehem 2000 that several Israeli military jeeps invaded the town, and kidnapped a former political prisoner identified as Walid Issa Taqatqa, taking him to an unknown destination.
Soldiers also handed resident Hazem Nimir Taqatqa a military warrant, ordering him to head to the Etzion military base, near Bethlehem, for interrogation.
On Monday evening, soldiers invaded Saff Street, in the West Bank city of Bethlehem, kidnapping Bilal Khader, 19 years of age, after the army broke into his home and violently searched it.
Earlier on Tuesday, soldiers invaded the Sheikh neighborhood, in the southern West Bank city of Hebron, and kidnapped two Palestinians.
Local sources said that the soldiers broke into and violently searched several homes, and kidnapped Baha‚Äô Hasan Ma‚Äôbad, 26, and Sary Mohammad Ma‚Äôbad, 25, taking them to an unknown destination.
Soldiers also invaded the home of resident Qassem Ed‚Äôeis and served his son, Niad, with two warrants for interrogation by the army and the ‚Äúsecurity‚ÄĚ forces.
In related news, the Solidarity Foundation for Human Rights (SFHR) has reported that Israeli soldiers kidnapped, on Tuesday at dawn, its lawyer and its researcher.
It said the soldiers kidnapped its lawyer, Fares Riyad Abu al-Hasan, and its researcher Ahmad Hamed al-Beetawy.
In addition, soldiers kidnapped resident Abdul-Hamid Abu Mariyya, 40, in the Khallit al-Ein neighborhood of Hebron, after violently searching his home.
Israeli soldiers conduct daily assaults, invasions and arrests targeting Palestinians, their homes and property, in different parts of occupied Palestine, as part of ongoing violations against the Palestinian people.
In related news, Israeli sources said indictments were filed, on Tuesday, against four Palestinians, allegedly for implanting an explosive charge on an Israeli bus in Bat Yam, the Palestine News Network (PNN) has reported.
The indictment states that the four, who remained unidentified, placed the explosive in the bus three months ago, and that an Israeli police officer was mildly injured in the attack.