Palestinian medical sources have reported that one Palestinian was killed, on Wednesday morning, and another resident was injured, when the Israeli army fired a missile into Beit Lahia, in the northern part of the Gaza Strip.The slain Palestinian has been identified as Rafeeq al-Kafarna, 30, while the wounded Palestinian is fighting for his life at a local hospital. Medical sources said al-Kafarna is from the nearby town of Beit Hanoun.
Eyewitnesses said an Israeli war jet fired a missile into a motorcycle in the al-Manshiyya Street, in Beit Lahia, killing the al-Kafarna.
The army continued its shelling of different Palestinian communities in Rafah, in southern Gaza, Beit Lahia in the north, and several other areas in the besieged Gaza Strip.
Israeli missiles have hit dozens of homes and structures, especially with the army carrying out ten strikes in less than two minutes.
Missiles also struck a Palestinian home in the al-Boreij refugee camp, in central Gaza, while at least five air strikes targeted al-Fakhary area, in southern Gaza, hitting at least one home.
Farmlands have also been targeted in southern Gaza, especially in Khuzaâ€™a town, and al-Qarara area.
On Tuesday at night, the army carried out at least 160 strikes, including strikes against the home of a leader of the Islamic Jihad in Beit Hanoun, identified as Hafeth Hamad, leading to the death of six family members.
Israel also admitted to bombing the home of Raed al-â€˜Attar, a leader of the Hamas movement, accused by Israel of being connected to the abduction of Israeli corporal Gilad Shalit back in June of 2006.
The air strikes and bombardments also targeted dozens of homes and structures in Gaza city, the Nusseirat refugee camp, Rafah, Khan Younis, Beit Hanoun, and many other areas, causing excessive property damage.
Twenty-four Palestinians, including at least six children, have been killed Tuesday; while close to 200 have been injured, in the ongoing Israeli military escalation. At least 270 air strikes targeted Gaza, Tuesday.
List of the slain Palestinians,
1. Rafeeq al-Kafarna, 30.
1. Mohammad Shaâ€™ban, 24, Gaza.
2. Amjad Shaâ€™ban, 30, Gaza.
3. Khader al-Basheeleqety, 45, Gaza.
4. Rashad Yassin, 27, Nusseirat.
5. Mohammad Ayman â€˜Ashour, 15, Khan Younis.
6. Riyadh Mohammad Kawareâ€™, 50, Khan Younis.
7. Bakr Mohammad Joudeh, 50, Khan Younis.
8. Ammar Mohammad Joudeh, 26, Khan Younis.
9. Hussein Yousef Kawareâ€™, 13, Khan Younis.
10. Bassem Salem Kawareâ€™, 10, Khan Younis.
11. Mohammad Ibrahim Kawareâ€™, 50, Khan Younis.
12. Mohammad Habib, 22, Gaza.
13. Mousa Habib, 16, Gaza.
14. Saqr â€˜Aayesh al-â€˜Ajjoury, 22, Jabalia.
15. Ahmad Nael Mahdi, 16, Gaza.
16. Hafeth Mohammad Hamad, 26, Beit Hanoun.
17. Ibrahim Mohammad Hamad, 26, Beit Hanoun.
18. Mahdi Mohammad Hamad, 46, Beit Hanoun.
19. Fawziyya Khalil Hamad, 62, Beit Hanoun.
20. Donia Mahdi Hamad, 16, Beit Hanoun.
21. Soha Hamad, 25, Beit Hanoun.
22. Suleiman Salam Abu Sawaween, 22, Khan Younis.
23. Siraj Eyad Abdul-â€˜Aal, 8, Khan Younis.
24. Abdul-Hadi Soufi, 24, Rafah.