Palestinian Health Minister, Dr. Jawad Awwad, has reported that the Thursday Israeli assassination of Abdullah Azzam Shalalda, in the Hebron Governmental Hospital, brings the number of Palestinian killed by Israeli fire since October 1, to 83.He said that the execution of Shalalda in a hospital, on the hands of undercover Israeli soldiers, is a clear proof that Israel is escalating its crimes, and is deliberately violating International Law, and all related human rights treaties, with complete impunity.
Dr. Awwad said that the International Community must act on protecting the Palestinian people, and ending the Israeli crimes, and illegal occupation.
âInternational silence, and idleness to the ongoing crimes has encouraged Israel to escalate its violations,â he added, âIsrael isnât only killing Palestinians in their homes and streets, but also in hospitals and medical centers.â
âThe world must act now; Human Rights groups must end this Israeli terrorism,â Dr. Awwad said, âPatients and medical centers must be protected at all times.â
The assassination in the Hebron Hospital was carried out by 21 undercover Israeli soldiers, who invaded the hospital at dawn, Thursday, and infiltrated the room of Azzam Shalalda, who was previously seriously wounded by Israeli fire, and receiving treatment in the Surgery Ward.
The soldiers shot and killed his cousin, Abdullah, with a live round in his head, one in the chest and three in his arms, and kidnapped Azzam despite his serious health condition.
His death brings the number of Palestinians, killed by Israeli fire since October 1, to 83, 65 in the occupied West Bank, Jerusalem and one in the Negev, and 18 in the Gaza Strip, including a mother and her child, while more than 8500 have been injured.
It added that 26.8% of the slain Palestinians are children and women, and 17% of the wounded and also women and children.
Around 1300 Palestinians were shot with live rounds in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, and were moved to hospitals. 2250 Palestinians were shot with rubber-coated steel bullets; 1000 of them received treatment by medics, and the rest were hospitalized.
The Ministry also said that 253 Palestinians suffered fractures and bruises after being assaulted by Israeli soldiers and colonialist settlers, and 25 suffered burns due to Israeli gas bombs and concussion grenades.
In the West Bank, more than 800 Palestinians were shot with live Israeli army fire, at least 1000 with rubber-coated steel bullets. In the Gaza Strip at least 422 were shot with live fire and 113 with rubber-coated steel bullets.
The Ministry said the soldiers are more frequently resorting to live fire in suppressing the protesters, and that most of the wounded Palestinians were shot in the upper parts of their bodies; many of them suffered serious wounds.
List of those killed since October 1st:
West Bank and Jerusalem:
1. Mohannad Halabi, 19, al-Biereh â Ramallah. Shot after allegedly grabbing gun and killing two Israelis. 10/3
2. Fadi Alloun, 19, Jerusalem. Israeli claim of ‘attack’ contradicted by eyewitnesses and video. 10/4
3. Amjad Hatem al-Jundi, 17, Hebron.
4. Thaer Abu Ghazala, 19, Jerusalem.
5. Abdul-Rahma Obeidallah, 11, Bethlehem.
6. Hotheifa Suleiman, 18, Tulkarem.
7. Wisam Jamal Faraj, 20, Jerusalem. Shot by an exploding bullet during protest. 10/8
8. Mohammad al-Jaâbari, 19, Hebron.
9. Ahmad Jamal Salah, 20, Jerusalem.
10. Ishaq Badran, 19, Jerusalem. Israeli claim of ‘attack’ contradicted by eyewitnesses. 10/10
11. Mohammad Said Ali, 19, Jerusalem.
12. Ibrahim Ahmad Mustafa Awad, 28, Hebron. Shot at protest by rubber-coated steel bullet in his forehead. 10/11
13. Ahmad Abdullah Sharaka, 13, Al Jalazoun Refugee camp-Ramallah.
14. Mostafa Al Khateeb, 18, Sur-Baher â Jerusalem.
15. Hassan Khalid Manassra, 15, Jerusalem.
16. Mohammad Nathmie Shamasna, 22, Qotna – Jerusalem. Allegedly grabbed gun of Israeli soldier on bus and killed two. 10/13
17. Bahaâ Elian, 22, Jabal Al Mokaber-Jerusalem.
18. Mutaz Ibrahim Zawahra, 27, Bethlehem. Hit with a live bullet in the chest during a demonstration.
19. Alaâ Abu Jammal, 33, Jerusalem.
20. Bassem Bassam Sidr, 17, Hebron. Killed in Jerusalem after Israeli shoted that he ‘had a knife’ – but no knife was present.
21. Ahmad Abu Shâaban, 23, Jerusalem.
22. Riyadh Ibraheem Dar-Yousif, 46, Al Janyia village Ramallah( Killed while harvesting olives)
23. Fadi Al-Darbi , 30, Jenin â died in Israeli detention camp.
24. Eyad Khalil Al Awawdah, Hebron.
25. Ihab Hannani, 19, Nablus.
26. Fadel al-Qawasmi, 18, Hebron. Shot by paramilitary settler, Israeli soldier caught on film planting knife near his body.
27. Mo’taz Ahmad ‘Oweisat, 16, Jerusalem. Military claimed he ‘had a knife’. 10/17
28. Bayan Abdul-Wahab al-‘Oseyli, 16, Hebron. Military claimed she ‘had a knife’, but video evidence contradicts that claim. 10/17
29. Tariq Ziad an-Natsha, 22, Hebron. 10/17
30. Omar Mohammad al-Faqeeh, 22, Qalandia. Military claimed he ‘had a knife’. 10/17
31. Mohannad al-âOqabi, 21, Negev. Allegedly killed soldier in bus station in Beer Sheba.
32. Hoda Mohammad Darweesh, 65, Jerusalem.
33. Hamza Mousa Al Amllah, 25, from Hebron, killed near Gush Etzion settlement.
34. Odai Hashem al-Masalma, 24, Beit ‘Awwa town near Hebron.
35. Hussam Ismaâel Al Jaâbari, 18, Hebron.
36. Bashaar Nidal Al Jaâbari, 15, Hebron.
37. Hashem al-‘Azza, 54, Hebron.
38. Moaâtaz Attalah Qassem, 22, Eezariyya town near Jerusalem. 10/21
39. Mahmoud Khalid Eghneimat, 20, Hebron.
40. Ahmad Mohammad Said Kamil, Jenin.
41. Dania Jihad Irshied, 17, Hebron.
42. Saâid Mohamed Yousif Al-Atrash, 20, Hebron.
43. Raed Sakit Abed Al Raheem Thalji Jaradat, 22, Saâer â Hebron.
44. Eyad Rouhi Ihjazi Jaradat, 19, Saâer â Hebron.
45. Ezzeddin Nadi Sha’ban Abu Shakhdam, 17, Hebron. Shot by Israeli military after allegedly wounding soldier, then left to bleed to death.
46. Shadi Nabil Dweik, 22, Hebron. Shot by Israeli military after allegedly wounding the same soldier, then left to bleed to death.
47. Homam Adnan Saâid, 23, Tal Romeida, Hebron. Shot by Israeli soldiers claiming ‘he had a knife’, but eyewitnesses report seeing soldiers throwing a knife next to his dead body. 10/27
48. Islam Rafiq Obeid, 23, Tal Romeida, Hebron. 10/28
49. Nadim Eshqeirat, 52, Jerusalem. 10/29 – Died when Israeli soldiers delayed his ambulance.
50. Mahdi Mohammad Ramadan al-Mohtasib, 23, Hebron. 10/29
51. Farouq Abdul-Qader Seder, 19, Hebron. 10/29
52. Qassem Sabaâna, 20, shot on motorcycle near Zaatara checkpoint. 10/30
53. Ahmad Hamada Qneibi, 23, Jerusalem. Soldiers claimed ‘he had a knife’.
54. Ramadan Mohammad Faisal Thawabta, 8 month old baby, Bethlehem. Died of tear gas inhalation.
55. Mahmoud Talal Abdul-Karim Nazzal, 18, al-Jalama checkpoint near Jenin. Israeli troops claim ‘he had a knife’, but eyewitnesses contradict that claim. 10/31
56. Fadi Hassan al-Froukh, 27. Beit Einoun, east of Hebron. 11/1.
57. Ahmad Awad Abu ar-Rob, 16, Jenin.
58. Samir Ibrahim Skafi, 23, Hebron. Shot by Israeli soldiers after his car hit a soldier who was on the street – it is unknown if he hit the soldier intentionally or accidentally. 11/4
59. Malek Talal Sharif, 25, Hebron, shot dead after the army claimed he attempted to stab a settler. 11/5
60. Tharwat Ibrahim Salman Shaârawi, 73, shot dead by the army in Hebron.
61. Salman Aqel Mohammad Shahin, 22, Nablus.
62. Rasha Ahmad Hamed ‘Oweissi, 24. Qalqilia. Carried suicide note and knife, but did not attempt to attack anyone.
63. Mohammad Abed Nimir, 37, Jerusalem.
64. Sadeq Ziyad Gharbiyya, 16, Jenin.
65. Abdullah Azzam Shalalda, 26, Hebron.
66. Shadi Hussam Doula, 20.
67. Ahmad Abdul-Rahman al-Harbawi, 20.
68. Abed al-Wahidi, 20.
69. Mohammad Hisham al-Roqab, 15.
70. Adnan Mousa Abu âOleyyan, 22.
71. Ziad Nabil Sharaf, 20.
72. Jihad al-âObeid, 22.
73. Marwan Hisham Barbakh, 13.
74. Khalil Omar Othman, 15.
75. Nour Rasmie Hassan, 30. Killed along with her child in an Israeli airstrike. 10/11
76. Rahaf Yahya Hassan, two years old. Killed along with her mother in an Israeli airstrike. 10/11
77. Yahya Abdel-Qader Farahat, 23.
78. Shawqie Jamal Jaber Obeid, 37.
79. Mahmoud Hatem Hameeda, 22. Northern Gaza.
80. Ahmad al-Sarhi, 27, al-Boreij.
81. Yihya Hashem Kreira.
82. Khalil Hassan Abu Obeid, 25. Khan Younis. Died from wounds sustained in protest earlier in the week.
83. Salama Mousa Abu Jameâ, 23, Khan Younis.
Non-Palestinian killed by Israeli mob:
Eritrean asylum-seeker Haftom Zarhum killed in Beer Sheva bus station by angry mob who mistook him for a Palestinian- 10/18
Names of known Israeli casualties during the same time period:
1 & 2. 10/1 – Eitam and Naâama Henkin, both aged around 30 years old, killed in drive-by shooting near Itamar settlement.
3. 10/3 – Nahmia Lavi, 41 – Rabbi for Israeli military. Killed in Jerusalem stabbing attack near Lion’s Gate when he tried to shoot the attacker but had his weapon taken.
4. 10/3 – Aaron Bennet, 24. Killed in Jerusalem stabbing attack near Lion’s Gate.
5. 10/13 – Yeshayahu Kirshavski, 60, bus shooting in East Jerusalem
6. 10/13 – Haviv Haim, 78, bus shooting in East Jerusalem
7. 10/13 – Richard Lakin, 76, bus shooting in East Jerusalem (died of wounds several days after the attack)
8. 10/18 – Omri Levy, 19, Israeli soldier with the Golani Brigade who had his weapon grabbed and turned against him by an Israeli resident.
An additional 2 Israelis that were initially claimed to have been killed in attacks were actually killed in car accidents.