Head of the detainees and ex-detainees committee, Ashraf Abu Sneineh, on Monday morning, said that the health of journalist prisoner, Muhammad al-Qeeq is deteriorating on a fast pace, confirming the need for immediate action.Abu Sneineh said that al-Qeeq, two months into his open-ended hunger strike, has now lost conscious and ability to communicate.
Abu Sneineh also pointed out unprecedented fears that he may lose his life, in this condition.
Head of the prisoners and ex-prisoners affairs, Issa Qaraqeâ, said that Israel must be held accountable for Muhammadâs life, refering this deterioration to the Israeli neglect of Palestinian prisonersâ health. Qaraqeâ further demanded, according to the PNN, international pressure on Israel to halt such violations and bring justice to the Palestinian prisoners.
Al-Qeeq, originally from the village of Doura, south Hebron, used to work as a reporter for the Saudi news channel âAlmajd.â
He was taken into Israeli custody on 21 November, 2015, when soldiers blew up the front door of his house and took him in for interrogation at Israelâs Kishon (Jalame) detention center.
Muhammadâs open hunger-strike, which started on 24 November, 2015, came as a protest against administrative detention in Israeli prisons for six months, without any charges or court. The detention period can also be endlessly renewed every six months.
Two weeks ago, Muhammad fell into a coma after entering his 48th day of hunger strike, family sources revealed.
The Emek Medical Center, the hospital in Afula where he is hospitalized, has begun taking forced blood samples from his body as a prelude to force feeding him, the wife quoted his lawyer as saying.
On the 46th day of his hunger strike, Muhammad has lost the ability to speak or walk, and has begun to vomit and urinate blood.
Ashraf Abu Sneina said, two weeks ago, that al-Qeeq can barely communicate using signals. Both of his legs and one arm have been handcuffed to his bed at all times, and he had already lost 22 kilograms.
Search IMEMC: ‘Muhammad Al-Qeeq’