Audio Link After Text
Welcome to Palestine Today, a service of the International Middle East Media Center, www.imemc.org, for Tuesday, February 23, 2016.
Eight Palestinians injured, more than two dozen others kidnapped as Israeli troops invade West Bank communities. These stories, and more, coming up, stay tuned.
Scores of Palestinians joined on Tuesday family members and friends in the funerals of three killed local youth. In Al Qababeh village near Jerusalem, a funeral was held on Tuesday midday for Omar Amro and Mansour Shawamrah.
Both were killed earlier in the month when they were shot by Israeli soldiers just outside the old city of Jerusalem. The Israeli army claimed that they opened fire at soldiers before troops shot them dead.
In the meantime, scores gathered in Beit Fajar village near the southern West Bank city of Bethlehem for the funeral of Khalid Taqatqa, 21, who was killed by Israeli army gunfire during clashes in Beit Fajar last Friday.
Elsewhere, eight Palestinian civilians were injured by Israeli army gunfire on Tuesday when Israeli troops stormed he northern West Bank city of Nablus, Askar, Balata and al-āEin refugee camps, and Kafr Qaleel village, broke into dozens of homes and searched them, and kidnapped nine Palestinians.
Medical sources said that four residents were hit with live gunfire, three by rubber-coated steel bullets and one man was injured after being hit by a speeding Israeli army jeep.
Meanwhile, the Palestinian Prisoners Society (PPS) has reported that Israeli soldiers have kidnapped, Tuesday, 27 Palestinians in different parts of the occupied West Bank.
The PPS said dozens of soldiers invaded various areas in the northern West Bank district of Nablus, searched homes, and kidnapped thirteen Palestinians. The soldiers also invaded various communities in the northern West Bank district of Jenin, searched homes and kidnapped six residents including a blind man.
In the central West Bank district of Ramallah and al-Biereh, the soldiers kidnapped five men after searching their homes.
Three more civilians were kidnaped by Israeli troops during invasions and homes searches targeting the southern West Bank cities of Bethlehem and Hebron in addition to Jericho.
And thatās all for today from the IMEMC News; this was the Tuesday, February 23, 2016, news round-up from the Occupied Palestinian Territories. From more news and updates, please visit our website at www.imemc.org Todayās report has been brought to you by George Rishmawi and me Ghassan Bannoura.