On Friday, Israeli soldiers attacked the weekly procession in Kufur Qaddoum town, east of the northern West Bank city of Qalqilia, and injured many Palestinians.
Hundreds of Palestinians marched from the center of the village after conducting Friday prayers at the local mosque while chanting against the seriously escalating Israeli crimes against the Palestinian people, especially in Jenin.
The Israeli army attacked the protesters with many live rounds, rubber-coated steel bullets, and gas bombs.
Medical sources said the soldiers shot three young men with rubber-coated steel bullets and caused dozens to suffer the effects of tear gas inhalation.
The Palestinians have been holding weekly processions in Kufur Qaddoum for the last eighteen years, demanding the army to reopen the village’s main road that the soldiers blockaded to allow easy access to the illegal colonizers driving to and from Kedumim illegal colony built on stolen Palestinian lands.
On Thursday, Israeli soldiers killed Yousef Yahia Abdul-Karim Mheisin, 22, near Ramallah in the central West Bank, during a procession condemning the Israeli onslaught on Jenin, leading to the killing of nine Palestinians, including one woman and two siblings.
The slain Palestinians in Jenin have been identified as:
- Saeb Mahmoud Ezreiqi, 24, Jenin city.
- Ezzeddin Yassin Salahat, 26, Jenin refugee camp.
- Abdullah Marwan Al-Ghoul, 18, Jenin refugee camp.
- Wasim Amjad Aref Abu Al-Ja’as, 22, Jenin refugee camp.
- Majeda Obeid, 61, Jenin refugee camp.
- Mo’tasem Mahmoud Abu Al-Hasan, 40, Al-Yamoun town.
- Mohammad Mahmoud Sobeh, 30, Burqin town.
- Mohammad Sami Ghneim, 28, Burqin town.
- Nour Sami Ghneim, 25, from Burqin.
Also Thursday, a Palestinian child, Nayef Oweidat, 13, died from serious wounds he suffered last year during the Israeli onslaught on the Gaza Strip.