A medical source at Nasser hospital in Khan Younis reported that resident Ahmad Shahwan, 25, died on Wednesday at night of wounds sustained after the military gunship fired a missile at a group of residents.

The WAFA news agency reported that two brothers of Shahwan were shot dead by the Israeli army, one was killed during the first Intifada which started in 1987, and the other was shot dead during al-Aqsa Intifada.

Earlier on Monday at dawn, soldiers assassinated a resident in Rafah, in the southern Gaza Strip.

Army air strikes Khan Younis

15 mortar shells fell Wednesday afternoon on the settlement of Gush Katif, causing damage to a hothouse and lightly wounding a Neveh Dakalim settler. The mortar firing is apparently a response to air strike on the Palestinian city of Khan Younis earlier in the day. 

Wednesday afternoon, a Palestinian source in Nasser Hospital, in Khan Younis reported that four residents were injured; one seriously, in the eastern graveyard area in the city after a military gunship fired a missile at a group of residents.

The source stated that Ahmad Shahwan, 25, lost his legs after the missile detonated near him, three other residents were mildly injured.

Unconfirmed sources reported that Shahwan, member of al-Qassam brigades, the military wing of Hamas, died of his wounds.

The Palestinian Ministry of Interior warned that the occupation is trying to inflame the area in order to avoid its obligations to the truce and agreements.

A statement released by the ministry accused Israel of hidden intentions to assassinate Palestinian fighters.

Also, the statement added that the Israeli Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz said recently that the Israeli army intends to assassinate Palestinian fighters.

Meanwhile, al-Qassam brigades, the military wing of Hamas, said that it is committed to the truce but will retaliate to the Israeli violations.

The brigades added that Israel is violating the truce on daily bases by the continuous arrests and invasions. 

Army air force targets two fighters in Gaza

Wednesday afternoon, Israeli aircraft fired missiles at two Palestinian resistance fighters in the southern Gaza strip; at least one fighter was seriously injured.

An Israeli military source claimed that the two fighters fired homemade shells at Israeli settlements in the Gaza Strip.

The army claims that the fighters are members of Hamas.

This is the first air strike in the Palestinian territories since Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas secured a truce agreement among the Palestinian factions, and the cease fire declaration in the Sham al-Sheikh summit in Egypt last February.