Israeli daily, Haaretz, reported Wednesday that 21 Israelis have been injured in an explosion that took place, on Wednesday afternoon, in a bus in Tel Aviv; one of the wounded is in a serious condition.Haaretz said that one person was detained after the explosion but was released soon after his arrest. The Police ordered all schools in the area to keep the student indoors for around two hours after the blast. The Police also closed several nearby roads.
Furthermore, Ofir Gendelman, spokesperson of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, said that “this was a terror attack” but did not provide any further information.
According to Haaretz, the Israeli Internal Security Services (Shin Bet) received dozens of warnings regarding what was described as “plots to carry out terror attacks”, including a warning about an attack allegedly targeting a senior Israeli government office, or a senior military official.
The one clear thing about this attack in Tel Aviv is that it was not carried out by a suicide bomber.
Furthermore, according to Haaretz, a Palestinian source in the West Bank informed its reporter that the al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, the armed wing of the Fateh movement, is behind the attack, adding that the bombing “was carried out by a delegation from Gaza”.
Meanwhile in Gaza, the Israeli army continued to bombard civilians areas and homes in different parts of the Gaza Strip leading, so far, to the death of 146 Palestinians since last Wednesday, while more than a thousand have been injured, dozens seriously.
Most of the victims are civilians, children, women and elderly, including entire families slain by Israeli shells.