Click on Link to download or play MP3 file || 3 m 47s || 3.47 MB ||
Welcome to Palestine Today, a service of the International Middle East Media Center, www.imemc.org, for Tuesday, December 03, 2013.
Israeli soldiers invaded West Bank communities injured three teenagers and kidnap 10 other civilians including a local camera man. These stories, and more, coming up, stay tuned.
Palestinian medical sources reported that three young Palestinians have been shot and injured on Tuesday by rubber-coated metal bullets, fired by Israeli soldiers invading the Aida refugee camp, in Bethlehem.
Local sources report that the soldiers, stationed at a military tower overlooking the camp, fired dozens of rubber-coated metal bullets and gas bombs during clashes with local youth, causing three injuries, while dozens have been treated for the effects of tear gas inhalation. The clashes occurred after the soldiers fired gas bombs into the overcrowded camp.
The camp residents say that the army frequently fires gas bombs into the camp without any provocation, an issue which causes much suffering for dozens of residents.
Elsewhere, the Israeli Police said it arrested five Palestinian children from Sur Baher town, south of occupied East Jerusalem, on suspicion of throwing stones at a settlerâs vehicle causing an injury to a settlerâs child.
The Police said the incident took place a few days ago, and that the children âconfessedâ during interrogation to throwing stones, and recreated the scene in front of their interrogators. Similar to previous cases involving dozens of detained Palestinian children, no family members or lawyers were present during interrogation.
Israeli sources said that the police would likely be arresting more children either directly involved in the incident, or involved in alleged similar attacks.
In related news, soldiers kidnapped a cameraman working for the Maan News Agency at a military roadblock, near the northern West Bank city of Jenin.
Earlier on Tuesday, dozens of soldiers invaded have invaded the southern West Bank city of Hebron,
kidnapping four Palestinians. Also near Hebron Israeli settlers attacked residents homes in the villages of Dora and Yatta. Damage was reported but no injuries.
In other news the Israeli Defense Minister, Moshe Yaalon, has decided to approve 3000 new units in illegal Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank, and in occupied East Jerusalem. New illegal settlement also to be built in the Negev.
The decision came despite a statement made by Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, who alleged that Tel Aviv âwill not rush new plansâ and âwill not issue new bids at the current stage.â
And thatâs all for today from the IMEMC News; this was the Tuesday December, 03, 2013 news round-up from the Occupied Palestinian Territories. For more news and updates please visitourwebsiteatwww.imemc.org. Todayâs report has been brought to you by George Rishmawi and me, Ghassan Bannoura.