[Wednesday, April 15, 2014] Soldiers in several armored Israeli military jeeps invaded the town of Beit Ummar, near the southern West Bank city of Hebron, kidnapping four Palestinians, including the secretary of the Popular Committee Against the Wall and Settlements.Mohammad Awad, spokesperson of the Popular Committee against the Wall and Settlements in Beit Ummar, said the army invaded the town and kidnapped Ahmad Khalil Abu Hashem, 47, secretary of the committee, his son, Mohammad, 18, in addition to Ahmad Ali Sabarna, 18, and Yousef Sa’id Sabarna, 21.

The army violently broke into and searched the homes of the kidnapped Palestinians, and several other homes in the town, causing excessive property damage.

It is worth mentioning that Abu Hashem has another detained son, Yousef, 25 years of age, who was taken prisoner several months ago.

In addition, soldiers closed the main road leading to Beit Ummar for 90 minutes, the duration of the invasion, stopped and searched several cars trying to enter or leave it.

All kidnapped Palestinians were moved to the Etzion military base; the army kidnapped seven Palestinians, including three children, in Beit Ummar over the last four days.

In addition, soldiers installed various roadblocks at the entrances of several neighborhoods in Hebron, as well as the main entrances of the towns of Halhoul, Ithna and Sa’ir, stopped and searched dozens of cars while investigating the ID cards of the passengers.

In related news, Israeli military sources said that the army still has no information or leads which could help the army to identify the shooter who killed, last Monday, an Israeli officer in Tarqoumia, near Hebron.

Israeli army radio has reported, on Wednesday morning, that the army and security forces intend to conduct random arrests, to interrogate a large number of Palestinians with the hope of finding the shooter or persons involved in the incident, the Radio Bethlehem 2000 has reported.

Israel said the soldier, Baroch Mezrache, was killed in the shooting, and that his wife and one of his children were injured.