A Palestinian man died on Monday evening from serious wounds he sustained a day earlier when Israeli forces opened fire near the town of Beit Ulla, northwest of Hebron in the southern occupied West Bank.
The Palestinian Ministry of Health confirmed that 32‑year‑old Mahmoud Ziad Al‑Emla succumbed to critical injuries after being shot by Israeli forces on Sunday morning while he was near the illegal annexation wall built on Palestinian‑owned land west of the town.
The Ministry said Al‑Emla had been in extremely critical condition since the moment he was struck with live ammunition.
Al‑Emla was transferred to a hospital immediately after being shot, where medical teams attempted to stabilize him.
Despite intensive efforts, his condition continued to deteriorate until he was pronounced dead on Monday evening.
Media sources reported that Mahmoud had gone on Sunday morning with a group of workers to the western area in an attempt to cross into the Green Line through the Annexation Wall. There, he was shot by an Israeli soldier, prompting him to run toward a vehicle parked in the area, where Israeli soldiers fired three additional rounds at him.
The sources explained that the bullets struck Mahmoud in the head, abdomen, and leg. He was then transported in a private vehicle to an ambulance, which transferred him to a nearby medical center and then to Al‑Ahli Hospital, where his condition was described as critical.
Witnesses said the area has seen repeated military activity, with soldiers frequently patrolling near the wall and opening fire toward residents who approach or pass through the surrounding agricultural lands.
Residents of Beit Ulla noted that the illegal annexation wall has severely restricted movement and access to farmland, and that Israeli forces often deploy in the area, creating a constant atmosphere of fear and tension for local families.
Al‑Emla’s death adds to the growing number of Palestinians who have been killed or seriously wounded by Israeli forces across the occupied West Bank in recent months, particularly in areas surrounding the annexation wall and military installations.
Israel has now killed 63 Palestinians, including 15 children, 5 women and two elders across the occupied West Bank, since the beginning of this. Seventeen of the slain Palestinians were killed by Israeli paramilitary colonizers.
15 Palestinians were killed in Hebron, 14 in Ramallah, 11 in Nablus, 7 in Jerusalem, 3 in Jenin, 5 in Tubas, 3 in Bethlehem, 2 in Qalqilia, 2 in Jericho and 1 in Salfit.