On Friday afternoon, Israeli police assaulted Palestinian worshipers outside of the Al-Aqsa Mosque, in occupied Jerusalem, injuring a number of people, including an elderly woman, and abducted at least three men.

Israeli police deployed heavily in the streets and alleys of the Old City of occupied Jerusalem, firing live rounds, rubber-coated steel rounds, and concussion grenades at Palestinian worshipers, injuring a number of people.

An elderly woman sustained a fractured foot after being struck with a concussion grenade. She was transported to hospital for medical intervention.

Several other Palestinians sustained cuts and bruises after being assaulted by Israeli police.

Police blocked Palestinian worshipers from accessing the Al Aqsa Mosque, assaulted a number of people, and abducted a citizen from Jerusalem, identified as Shaker Al-Zaatari, from the Lion’s Gate.

Eyewitness accounts revealed that the occupation police detained an elderly man, and assaulted him, which sparked protests from Palestinians who witnessed the abuse.

Eyewitnesses stated, “The worshipers chanted the takbeers in rejection of the assault that one of the worshipers was subjected to, and demanded that he hand over his identity and allow him to enter Al-Aqsa, because there was no reason for his detention. During that, the worshipers were surprised that they were attacked, beaten and pushed, and then fired live bullets in the air.”

Eyewitnesses added, “The forces formed a chain at the Lions’ Gate, and while a squad stormed it, they prevented the worshipers from entering or leaving Al-Aqsa, and beat them with rubber bullets.”

Medical sources from the “Ambulance of Hope Association”, Abdul Majeed Taha, said that medical crews treated four injuries, including a head injury, an injury to the chest, in addition to the elderly woman with the fractured foot.

According to the Israeli Army Radio, three Israeli police officers sustained injuries as a result of stones thrown at them during the attacks.

Meanwhile, an unidentified man was assaulted and abducted in the Hebron Gate (Bab Al-Khalil) area, and taken to the Al-Qashla Police Station in the Old City of Jerusalem.

[Video from Al Qastal News]

Another man, identified as Imad Abu Rajab, was abducted by occupation police, from the Lion’s Gate (Bab al-Asbat).

Meanwhile, in Silwan town, south of Al-Aqsa Mosque, in occupied Jerusalem, Israeli forces abducted Khalil Abu Diab, on Friday morning, according to the Prisoners Affairs Commission.