Six Palestinians were killed and several others wounded on Tuesday evening when an Israeli drone strike hit a café inside Gaza Port, west of Gaza City. The attack came amid reported Israeli violations of the ceasefire agreement across the devastated and besieged Gaza Strip.

The strike hit a café within the port area, killing six people and injuring several others, some of them critically. The slain and the wounded were transferred to the Shifa Hospital in Gaza City for treatment.

Sources said several people at the scene fell into the harbor after the attack and that rescue teams were continuing efforts to reach them.

Explosions were also heard as Israeli tanks intensified their fire toward eastern neighborhoods of Gaza City.

In the southern Gaza Strip, Israeli artillery shelled eastern areas of Khan Younis while military vehicles opened heavy fire northeast of the city.

Residents reported that Israeli fire struck tents and homes in and around Hamad Residential City as well as the Khan Younis al-Balad area.Israeli forces also demolished homes and other structures in the city’s southeastern sector.

In central Gaza, Israeli military vehicles opened fire near Wadi Gaza and Salahuddin Street north of Al-Bureij refugee camp, while gunfire was also reported in other areas of the enclave.

Separately, the Palestine Red Crescent Society (PRCS) said 71 people left the Gaza Strip through the Rafah border crossing on Tuesday, including 32 patients and 39 companions.

The PRCS stated the evacuation took place in coordination with the World Health Organization as part of efforts to transfer patients requiring medical treatment unavailable inside Gaza.

The evacuation took place amid worsening humanitarian and healthcare conditions in Gaza and growing calls to facilitate treatment abroad for critically ill patients.

Following the strike on the Gaza Port area, Hamas accused Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of deliberately undermining negotiations and obstructing efforts to secure an agreement. In a statement, the movement said it remained committed to reaching a Gaza agreement and called on the United States and other mediators to ensure Israel’s implementation of any deal reached.

Hamas described the attack on the café as a further escalation and said its timing, coming after recent meetings in Cairo, reflected an attempt to derail mediation efforts.

The movement said it and other Palestinian factions had reiterated their commitment to advancing an agreement during recent discussions with U.S. envoy Jared Kushner and regional mediators.

The Israeli military said it had targeted Hamas commanders in the Shati area in northern Gaza. In a statement, it said the Gaza City strike was intended to address what it described as a threat to its forces, alleging that those targeted had been planning an operation against Israeli troops in Gaza.

Israeli media, citing a security source, reported that four Hamas commanders were targeted, including one company commander and three platoon commanders.

Earlier on Tuesday, the Israeli military said it had killed a member of the Islamic Jihad movement in Khan Younis. In recent statements, the military has repeatedly alleged that Palestinians targeted in Gaza were involved in the October 7, 2023, attack.

According to the latest figures released by Gaza’s Health Ministry, Israeli violations of the ceasefire agreement in force since October 2025 have killed 1,266 Palestinians and wounded 4,200 others. The ministry also said that 813 bodies had been recovered from beneath the rubble.

The Health Ministry said Israeli attacks have killed more than 73,400 Palestinians and wounded 174,312 others since October 7, 2023, while causing extensive damage to an estimated 90% of civilian infrastructure. The United Nations has estimated reconstruction costs at about $70 billion.

Emergency and civil defense crews said additional victims remained trapped beneath collapsed buildings and on roads, while rescue teams continued to face difficulties reaching several affected areas.