The organization in a statement slammed this crime as a continuation of the policies practiced by Israel, the occupying power, in flagrant violation of international humanitarian law and international conventions.
OIC held Israel fully responsible for the consequences of this dangerous escalation, calling on the international community to shoulder its responsibilities and provide international protection for the Palestinian people, and to compel Israel to stop its continuous violations and aggressions against the Palestinian people.
Three Palestinians were shot dead by the Israeli occupation forces in an attack that targeted a house in the village of Beit Anan, to the northwest of occupied Jerusalem.
Two other Palestinians were shot dead in an Israeli military raid into the village of Burqin, to the west of Jenin city in the north of the occupied West Bank.
The five slain Palestinians have been oficially identified as:
- Yousef Fathi Soboh, 16, from Burqin town, west of the northern West Bank city of Jenin.
- Osama Yasser Soboh, 22, from Burqin town, west of the northern West Bank city of Jenin.
- Mahmoud Mustafa Hmeidan, 27, from Beit Anan town, northwest of occupied Jerusalem.
- Zakariyya Ibrahim Badwan, 36, from Biddu town, northwest of occupied Jerusalem.
- Ahmad Zahran, 37, from Biddu town, northwest of occupied Jerusalem.