The Palestinian police force in Khan Younis, in the southern part of the Gaza Strip, reported that the Israeli Tuesday shelling to the police station in Abasan town, near Khan Younis, left seven policemen dead and at least ten others were injured.

The seven policemen were identified as Ra’fat Qdeih, Ahmad Al Misbih, Wafi Abu Yousef, Osama Abu Sa’ada, Mohammad Abu Sa’ada, Mo’taz Abu Shahla, and Abdul-Nasser Abu Teir.

The police and security forces in the Gaza Strip are controlled by the Islamic Resistance Movement, Hamas. In a press release, the force mourned the seven policemen and stated that these attacks will not “deter force members from performing their duties in protecting the residents and the country”.

Earlier on Tuesday, two Palestinian fighters were shot and killed during clashes with Israeli troops near the southern Gaza-Israeli border.


At least six killed and 3 injured due to an Israeli attack in southern Gaza

Tuesday February 05, 2008 16:33, Ghassan Bannoura – IMEMC

The sources said that Israeli jet fighters fired several missiles at a Palestinian police station in Khan Younis. Witnesses reported hearing an additional three explosions in another location of Khan Younis.

Medical sources at the Nasser hospital in Khan Younis said that those killed are; Mohamed Musbah, Mou'taz Abu Shahlaa, Mohamed Abu Sa'adah, Ra'fat Qadeeh, Nasser Abu Teer, and Waafi Abu Yousif. The medical sources added that all were severely mutilated because they were hit directly with the Israeli missiles.

Israeli army sources confirmed the attacks and said it was targeting Palestinian resistance. With this attack the death toll in Gaza today reaches 8.

Two Palestinian resistance fighters were reported killed by the Israeli army during clashes at the southern Gaza Israel borders on Tuesday at dawn.

Palestinian sources stated that the Israeli army invaded areas in the southern Gaza strip city of Rafah located at the borders with Israel; witnesses said that armed clashes with local resistance fighters took place. The invasion that lasted for two hours finished when Israeli tanks and bulldozers left the area.