The Palestinian Authority in the West Bank filed a complaint to the United States after the Israeli army invaded the northern West Bank city of Nablus and executed three Palestinians on Saturday at dawn. The United States only demanded ‘explanations’ and called on both parties to continue their cooperation.A number of US officials asked Israel’s “National Security Advisor”, Uzi Arad, for explanations about the attack and the assassination of the three men in Nablus city which is under the security and civil ‘control’ of the Palestinian Authority.
Arad claimed that the offensive came in self defense, and that it is related to the killing of a Jewish settler near the northern West Bank city of Tulkarem.
Israeli paper, Haaretz, reported that the United States asked both Israel and the Palestinian Authority to provide details on the issue, and called on the two parties to continue their security cooperation.
After the assassination of the three men, members of the Fateh movement of President Mahmoud Abbas, the Hamas movement said that this execution is the outcome of such security coordination between Israel and the Palestinian Authority.
The three men were killed separately on Saturday at dawn, but the circumstances were nearly identical as the Israeli undercover forces and soldier broke into their homes and executed them in front of their families.
Several injuries were reported including the pregnant wife of one of the victims.
The army claimed that the weapons found in the homes of the three men are
identical to those used in the killing of the settler.
The Palestinian Authority of Mahmoud Abbas in the West Bank said in a letter to
the United States that this attack targeted Area “A” in Nablus, under the control of the Palestinian security forces, and that it is another Israeli violation against the Palestinian people.
Israel and the Unites States previously admitted that the P.A managed to control the city and managed to maintain law and order.