Click on Link to download or play MP3 file || 3 m 00s || 2.75 MB ||
Welcome to Palestine Today, a service of the International Middle East Media Centre, www.imemc.org, for Wednesday, February 17th, 2010.
Israeli settlers injuries a Palestinian child while the military detained more civilians from the West Bank. These stories and more coming up, stay tuned.
The News Cast
A Palestinian child was injured on Wednesday when Israeli settlers attacked her in the old city in Hebron, southern West Bank. Medical sources said that the child sustained moderate wounds due to the settlers attack and was moved to a local hospital in the city.
Witnesses said that a group of armed settlers were walking through the old city market when they attacked the girl without any reason. Settlers in Hebron live in houses which they had taken over by force from the original Palestinian owners; Israeli troops keep a constant watch over settlers in Hebron old city.
In other news, eleven Palestinian civilians were detained by Israeli troops on Wednesday during invasions targeting a number of West Bank communities.
Local sources said that five of those kidnapped were taken during army raids targeting homes at the southern West Bank city of Hebron and the nearby town of Sa’eer. Meanwhile other army attacks were reported in Nablus and Jenin, cities in the northern West Bank.
The Israeli army radio announced that all those detained were taken to military detention centers for interogation. Since the start of this week the Israeli military have already detained at least 20 Palestinian civilians during invasions targeting West Bank communities.
Elsewhere, on Wednesday, the Israeli military handed out demolition orders against two homes at the village of Al khader near the southern West Bank city of Bethlehem.
One the homes is located near the Israeli built wall which cuts through villagers lands. The owner of the house, Saleem Mussa, said that soldiers also took some building equipment from his house. Mussa’s house is still under construction due to already having been demolished by the Israeli military last year.
Meanwhile soldiers also ordered the Mayor of the village to stop building his house due to his lack of the needed Israeli permission.
Thank you for joining us from occupied Bethlehem, you have been listening to Palestine Today from the International Middle East Media Center, www.imemc.org. This report has been brought to you, by Ghassan Bannoura.