Click on Link to download or play MP3 file || 3 m 30s || 3.20 MB ||
Welcome to Palestine Today, a service of the International Middle East Media Center www.imemc.org, for Tuesday September 7th, 2010
Abbas threatens of ending talks if settlement activities continue, meanwhile an Israeli settler opens random fire at Palestinian cars, these stories and more, coming up, stay tuned.
An Israeli settler opened fire on Tuesday at Palestinian cars driving near the northern West Bank city of Nablus, however, no injuries were reported.
One of the drivers told media that the settler created a road block and opened fire at him as he drove near him at the entrance of Kedumim settlement. The driver added that he was afraid to stop especially that he was driving a patient to the hospital.
Earlier on Tuesday Palestinian sources reported Israeli military invasions to a number of communities in the west Bank. Israeli soldiers searched and ransacked homes in Sourif town and Al Arroub refugee camp in southern west Bank and arrested three civilians.
In political news, the Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas told media that the end of September might be the end of peace talks that were launched in the beginning of the month if Israel did not extend the settlement freeze.
Abbas was quoted as saying “This was made clear to President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton and to Israeli Prime Minister.
He added, that he told the Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu that if Israel does not continue with the settlement halt, the Palestinian Authority will leave the negotiations.
Abbas told the Palestinian daily newspaper Al-Ayyam that border issue has priority over security, saying that his approach to borders would begin with the 1967 lines and demarcating a Palestinian state from there.
The Palestinian President who is described as moderate warned that he is willing to resign if asked to give up on the rights of Palestinian refugees or any of the Palestinian constant demands.
‘I will not give up on any of the constants and if they ask me to make concessions on the right of refugees or the 1967 borders, I will leave. I will not accept it on myself to sign on one single concession,’ he concluded.
Late on Monday an Israeli military source announced that a mortar shell hit Ashkol town in the southern part of Israel.
According to the source, the shell landed in open area causing no damage or injuries, adding that the shell came form the Gaza Strip.
None of the Palestinian resistance factions claimed responsibility for the shell.
Thank you for joining us from occupied Bethlehem, you have been listening to Palestine Today from the International Middle East Media Center, for constant updates, please visit our website at www.imemc.org this report has been brought to you by Husam Qassis and George Rishmawi.