International Companies Drop Out of Israeli Ports Tender

19 Feb
3:17 AM

Three leading international companies have decided to drop out of an Israeli bidding to build private seaports, due to concerns over political repercussions, and as a result of the increased boycott pressure on Israel, Haaretz has reported.(PNN/Haaretz) The Israeli government published, last week, an international bid to build new seaports in Haifa and Ashdod. According to Haaretz, several companies submitted a proposal for the bid, but dropped out shortly thereafter.

The newspaper said that the Royal Boskalis Westminster, a Dutch operator of ports has first dropped out from the bidding and was, then, followed by Italy’s Condote de Agua and Jan De Nul from Belgium.

Israel Finance Minister Yair Lapid said, in regard to the boycott issue, Monday, that if current peace talks with the Palestinians collapse, it will be ‘nothing less than devastating’ to the welfare of Israeli citizens.

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail
« »

IMEMC News & Agencies

Related Articles