[Thursday Evening, May 15, 2014] Dozens of Israeli soldiers and police officers attacked Palestinians nonviolently protesting, marking the 66th anniversary of the Palestinian Nakba of 1948, and kidnapped four young men.The Palestinian News & Info Agency (WAFA) said hundreds of Palestinians marched in Sultan Suleiman Street, between Bab al-‘Amoud and Bab as-Sahera, in occupied Jerusalem.

WAFA added that hundreds of Palestinians gathered in Bab al-’Amoud area, carrying Palestinian flags and signs denouncing the Nakba, ongoing Israeli crimes and occupation of Palestine, and also carried pictures of historic Palestinian homes, and keys of Palestinian homes in occupied Jerusalem forcibly occupied by Israel after removing the indigenous Palestinian population in 1948.

WAFA added that the soldiers surrounded the Palestinian nonviolent protesters, while dozens of mounted police officers were also deployed in the area, especially close to the Walls of the Old City of occupied Jerusalem.

Furthermore, clashes took place at the main entrance of the al-Ram town, north of occupied Jerusalem, and the soldiers fired concussion grenades, gas bombs, rubber-coated metal bullets and several rounds of live ammunition.

Palestinian protesters hurled stones and empty bullets at the invading soldiers, local sources said.

Clashes were also reported in different parts of the occupied West Bank, while the army shot and killed two Palestinians near the central West Bank city of Ramallah, and wounded several others.

The two slain Palestinians have been identified as Nadim Nuwwara, 17, and Mohammad Abu Thaher, 20.

In Hebron, in the southern part of the occupied West Bank, at least eleven Palestinians have been shot and injured by Israeli army fire, and dozens suffered the effects of tear gas inhalation, after the army attacked Palestinian protesters marking the Nakba, in the Bab az-Zaweya and the ash-Shallala streets of the city.

Medical sources said the eleven Palestinians were shot with rubber-coated metal bullets, while one of them, identified as Ali Abu Hamdiyya Gheith, 17, was moderately injured after being shot in his eye, and was moved to the Al-Ahly Hospital in the city.

Several residents were moved to the Hebron Governmental Hospital due to the severe effects of tear gas inhalation, while the rest received treatment by local medics.