Audio Link After Text
Welcome to Palestine Today, a service of the International Middle East Media Center, www.imemc.org, for Thursday, February 04, 2016.
Israeli troops clashes with local youth injuring 11, and Palestinian Journalist held by Israeli enters his 72 of hunger strike. These stories, and more, coming up, stay tuned.
Ten Palestinians were injured on Thursday during ongoing clashes that erupted on Thursday morning between invading Israeli soldiers and Palestinian youth in the northern West Bank town of Qabatiya.
According to Palestinian sources, ten residents were hit with live rounds and many others suffered effects of tear gas inhalation during the ongoing clashes.
The Israeli army started a closer on Qabatiya on Wednesday night shortly after two men from the village were shot dead by Israeli troops killing an Israeli soldier and injuring another in Jerusalem.
Moreover, A Palestinian youth was injured on Thursday evening after being shot by Israeli soldiers invading Taqua village near the southern West Bank city of Bethlehem.
Local sources said that Israeli troops stormed the village and searched homes then clashes with local youth injuring one.
The youth was hit with a live round in his foot and was moved to Bethlehem governmental hospital for treatment, local sources added.
Earlier Israeli soldiers have kidnapped, overnight and at dawn Thursday, at least 27 Palestinians, including children, in different parts of the occupied West Bank, including Jerusalem.
In the meantime, Israeli soldiers invaded, on Thursday at dawn, Bilâin village, west of the central West Bank city of Ramallah, and demolished several structures.
The soldiers demolished three agricultural structures, several wells and toilet rooms of a local childrenâs garden, residents told local media.
In other news hunger striking detainee, journalist Muhammad al-Qeeq, told his Palestinian layers on Thursday that he is ongoing on his strike until he is freed by the Israeli army.
On Thursday midday the Israeli High Court of Justice announced that it will end al-Qeeq administrative detention and will allow his family to visit but he not allowed to leave the Israeli hospital he is in now.
al-Qeeq lawyers said that his demands are total freedom and to be send back to his family and get treatment in a Palestinian hospital. Earlier on Wednesday, the Israeli ethics committee at Afula hospital, where al-Qeeq is being hospitalized, said that he is on the verge of death, following 71 consecutive days of hunger strike in protest of being imprisoned without a charge or trial.
Al-Qeeq, a journalist for the Saudi channel Al Majd, he was taken by Israeli soldiers from his home in Hebron on 21 November, 2015.
And thatâs all for today from the IMEMC News; this was the Thursday, February 04, 2016, news round-up from the Occupied Palestinian Territories. From more news and updates, please visit our website at www.imemc.org Todayâs report has been brought to you by George Rishmawi and me Ghassan Bannoura.