On day 43 of the Israeli military onslaught against the besieged and war-ravaged Gaza Strip, the army forcibly evacuated the Al-Shifa Hospital and killed dozens of Palestinian women and children in an airstrike that targeted two schools in the Jabalia refugee camp.
Update: Fifteen Palestinians were killed on Saturday evening when the army fired missiles at a residential bloc in the Al-Boreij refugee camp in central Gaza.
At least fifteen Palestinians were killed, and Israeli missiles injured dozens in Hamad City, northwest of Khan Younis, in the southern part of the Gaza Strip. The slain Palestinians and the wounded are mostly from Ashour and Al-Agha families.
In Rafah, in southern Gaza, two children were killed, and many Palestinians were injured when the army fired a missile at a home for the Sheikh Al-Abed family, near Yousef An-Najjar Hospital.
The corpses of five Palestinains were found under the rubble of bombarded homes in the Salahuddin Street area in Gaza city.
In Khan Younis, in southern Gaza, the army fired a missile at a home for the Saqer family in the southern part of the city, killing Fathiyya Mousa Saqer, 56, and seriously wounding another woman and one child.The Health Ministry has confirmed that among the slain Palestinians are two journalists, Salim Hassouna and Sari Mansour.
In an updated statement after constant Israeli bombing, the Health Ministry in Gaza said Israeli missiles and shells have killed more than 12.300 Palestinians; including 5000 children and 3300 women and added that the number of wounded Palestinians has exceeded 30.000, about %75 of them are children and women.
At least 3600 Palestinians, including at 1750 children, remain buried under the rubble of bombarded homes and buildings, and are presumed dead, especially since rescue operations are done by hand and basic tools due to ongoing Israeli bombing and the lack of fuel, and power blackout.
Also, Israeli missiles have killed 200 Palestinian doctors, nurses, and medics, and 56 journalists, including the latest victim Mustafa Sawwaf Abu Mohammad.
Israeli missiles and shells have destroyed 43000 residential units and damaged about 225000; nearly %60 of homes and residential units in Gaza have been affected by Israel’s ongoing aggression.
On Its part, the Israeli army said six soldiers were killed, and seven were injured in several parts of the Gaza Strip.
The number of soldiers who were killed in Gaza is now about 58 since Israel began its ground invasion in Gaza on October 27 after carpet bombing various areas of the densely populated coastal enclave; 375 soldiers have been killed since October 7. 260 soldiers have been wounded, including 100 who sustained critical injuries.
The army added that its soldiers are engaging Palestinian resistance fighters, especially in the Zeitoun neighborhood in Gaza and Jabalia, in the northern part of the Gaza Strip.
The Al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of Hamas, said its fighters ambushed soldiers and tanks invading Gaza, killing, and wounding many of them and destroying seventeen military vehicles, including tanks.
- Jabalia refugee camp (north) – tanks fired artillery shells.
- Gaza City (north) – Israeli airstrikes targeted a home in the Al-Tuffah neighborhood, killing and injuring several people, artillery shells fired in the Sheikh Radwan neighborhood.
- Al-Maghazi refugee camp (central) – Grand Mosque bombed.
- Rafah (south) – a cultural center was bombed by Israeli warplanes.
- Khan Younis (south) – home bombed, many wounded.
- Gaza City (north) – occupation army forced patients, injured people, displaced persons, and medical staff to evacuate the Al-Shifa Medical Complex.
- Palestinians were forced to raise white flags and walk south on severely damaged roads.
- At least 120 seriously ill patients and premature babies remained inside the hospital, hospital staff were unable to evacuate them.
- Beit Lahia (north) – Medical sources at Indonesian Hospital – 60 bodies arrived from various parts of the Gaza Strip.
- Beit Lahia (north) – Israeli missiles destroyed house in Beit Lahia Square.
- Nusseirat refugee camp (central) – Israeli airstrikes targeted a house, killing four people, wounding dozens.
- Jabalia refugee camp (north) – Israeli airstrikes killed and injured hundreds, mostly women and children after targeting the United Nations Al-Fakhoura school and the Tal Al-Zaatar school, both housing thousands of displaced Palestinians.
- Khan Younis (south) – 15 killed, dozens injured Saturday evening in an Israeli airstrike targeting the Al-Ghalban family home northwest of the city.
- Khan Younis (south) – several dead and wounded in an Israeli airstrike targeting the Ashour and Al-Agha family homes in the center of the city.
- Nusseirat camp (central) – several people killed in an Israeli airstrike targeting the Zuhd family home.
- Khan Younis (south) – an Israeli airstrike targeted the Saqr family home south of the city, killing Fathia Musa Saqr, 56, and seriously injuring a child and a woman.
- Rafah (south) – two children killed Saturday evening in an Israeli airstrike targeting the Sheikh Al-Eid family home east of the city.
The Ministry of Health announced.
- The number of Palestinians killed in the Gaza Strip as of November 17 – more than 11,800 Palestinians, including 4,900 children, 3,155 women, and 690 elderly people, and 29,500 wounded.
- The army forcibly evacuated Al-Shifa Medical Complex of most of the wounded, sick, displaced and health personnel after giving them one hour, and they headed towards the south on foot in exceedingly difficult conditions.
- The army continues to impose a siege on the National Arab Hospital “Al-Baptist” in the Al-Zaytoun neighborhood in Gaza City, and medical teams are unable to move outside and reach the injured.