Updated: The Israeli attacks against the worshipers in Al-Aqsa, in occupied Jerusalem, led to the injury of at least 67 Palestinians, including women and children, and a young man who is in a critical condition.

Walid Sharif, 24, from Beit Hanina north of Jerusalem, suffered a profoundly serious head injury near the al-Magharba Gate before the soldiers abducted and assaulted him.

The soldiers dragged the wounded Palestinian out of the courtyards of Al-Aqsa Mosque. Then, they assaulted him despite his serious wound before taking him to Hadassah Medical Center. Still, the army and the police were deployed there in the dozens and prevented the family from seeing him for several hours.

His brother Abdul-Rahman, a medic in Al-Aqsa, said Walid suffered a skull fracture and Hemorrhage in the brain after the soldiers shot him with a rubber-coated steel bullet in the head from a very close range.

He added that his brother is in a coma after his brain was deprived of oxygen for a while. However, there has been no official confirmation whether the young man is brain dead.

The doctors at the Hadassah Israeli Medical Center in occupied Jerusalem said there is nothing more they can do for the young man and that he is in a coma in the intensive care unit.

Although Walid was shot in the afternoon, the family could not see him until the early night hours.

67 Palestinians, including women and children, suffered the effects of tear gas inhalation and cuts and bruises.

Most of the injuries were in the upper body, including the head and face.

Israeli Army Injures 31 Palestinians, Two Seriously, In Al-Aqsa
Apr 22, 2022, at 10:18

The Israeli army and the police continued their invasions into the courtyards of the Al-Aqsa Mosque for the sixth consecutive day, in the occupied capital Jerusalem, in the West Bank, and injured 31 Palestinians, including two who suffered life-threatening wounds.

The Palestinian Red Crescent Society (PRCS) said its medics provided treatment to thirty-one Palestinians and moved eleven of them to hospitals, including two in critical conditions.

The PRCS added that the soldiers also tried to prevent its medics from reaching the holy site and attacked some of them.

The PRCS also said that the soldiers abducted one of the injured Palestinians after barring its medics from reaching him.

Also, the Israeli gas bombs and concussion grenades caused a fire in one of the trees in the Al-Aqsa compound.

On Thursday, the soldiers injured twenty Palestinians during invasions in the courtyards of the Al-Aqsa Mosque.

Video By Palestine TV