A large army force invaded, on Monday at dawn, the Nour Shams refugee camp, east of Tulkarem in the northwestern part of the occupied West Bank, local sources reported.

Dozens of military vehicles, including an armored D-9 military bulldozer, stormed the camp, and cordoned off the entire area, while operating UAV reconnaissance planes overhead.

The occupation army besieged the camp, closing all entrances, and inflicted a brutal military assault on the people and the camp, for a number of hours.

Local Palestinian youths protested the incursion, which soldiers responded to by opening fire with live rounds and tear gas canisters, injuring at least four with live rounds, and nine with shrapnel wounds, the Ministry of Health confirmed.

The gunshot wound victims were admitted to hospital after the military withdrawal. It was added that a number of civilians also suffered the toxic effects of tear gas inhalation.

According to eyewitnesses, the army blocked ambulances from entering the camp to treat the wounded.

It was reported that the soldiers invaded the camp’s mosque, stormed and searched dozens of Palestinian civilian homes, and subjected them to interrogation.

The D-9 armored bulldozer destroyed roads and damaged privately-owned vehicles parked on the street, resulting in severe destruction to the camp’s infrastructure, in addition to citizens’ property.

Video from J Media

It was reported that soldier stormed the home of Fathi Qaraawi, and used the home as a military post, before abducting his son, who is a former prisoner.

The army abducted Moamen Qaraawi, 28, from the home, in addition to abducting Youssef Harb after storming his home.

According to Taha Irani, the head of the camp’s Services Council, said the occupation’s military bulldozer devastated water, electricity and sewage networks, especially at the main entrance to the camp.

Video from J Media

Armed resistance fighters exchanged fire with the invading army and employed an explosive device targeting the armored military vehicles.

After a lengthy attack, the army withdrew from the refugee camp, while citizens inspected the devastation.

Video from J Media

This assault is reminiscent of the brutal assault on the Jenin refugee camp, in the northern occupied West Bank which occurred on July 3rd and 4th.

The army killed, over the two day aggression, twelve Palestinians, and injured at least 120 others, 20 of whom were deemed in critical condition.