On Tuesday, Israeli soldiers killed a young Palestinian man and injured eight, including a child, after many army vehicles invaded the Balata refugee camp east of Nablus in the northern part of the occupied West Bank.

The Palestinian Health Ministry said the soldiers shot Fares Abdul-Mon’em Mohammad Hashash, 19, after shooting him with live rounds in the chest, abdomen, and legs.

The Health Ministry added that Palestinian medics rushed Fares to Rafidia governmental hospital, but he succumbed to his serious wounds.

The Ministry also said the soldiers shot eight with live fire, including a child, and added that four injured Palestinians suffered life-threatening wounds.

The soldiers prevented Palestinian medics from entering the refugee camp and fired live rounds at an ambulance trying to reach wounded Palestinians.

The medics were only allowed to enter the refugee camp and reach the wounded after coordination by the International Committee of the Red Cross, which contacted the Israeli side.

In addition, the soldiers surrounded a home in the refugee camp and threatened to detonate it if the Palestinians did not leave the property, in addition to storming and ransacking many surrounding homes and detaining the families.

The invasion started when undercover soldiers infiltrated the refugee camp wearing press vests, but the locals noticed them before an Israeli army sharpshooter on a rooftop of an invaded home shot and seriously injured a teenage boy, identified as Tha’er Hashash, whose flesh was scattered on nearby walls and doors.

Furthermore, the soldiers assaulted and injured a Palestinian man and his wife in the Askar refugee camp, east of Nablus, before the medics rushed them to a hospital in the city.

Also, the army invaded Tal Street in Nablus city before storming a building and taking measurements of the family home of Moath Al-Masri, in preparation for demolishing it.

It is worth mentioning that the soldiers killed Moath, 35, Hasan Qatanani, 35, and Ibrahim Jabr, 45, and injured four when the army invaded Nablus and fired several shells at a home on May 4, 2023.