On Thursday morning, Israeli soldiers killed three young Palestinian men and injured at least four after the undercover force infiltrated the Old City of Nablus, in the northern part of the occupied West Bank, and surrounded a home before dozens of military vehicles invaded the area.
In a statement, the Palestinian Health Ministry identified the slain Palestinians as Moath Masri, 35, Hasan Qatanani, 35, and Ibrahim Jabr, 45.
It added that the remains of two of the slain Palestinians were severely mutilated due to Israeli Energia rockets and shells fired at a home the soldiers surrounded.
The Israeli attack started when undercover forces infiltrated the al-Yasmina neighborhood in Nablus’s Old City and surrounded a home before a large military force invaded the area and used a drone to fire a missile at the property before firing more shells and dozens of live rounds, killing the three young men.
Palestinian medics rushed to the area of the attack, but the soldiers fired many live rounds at their ambulances, preventing them from reaching the home or its surrounding area.
Ahmad Jibril, the head of the Emergency Department at the Palestinian Red Crescent Society (PRCS) in Nablus, said the many Palestinians protested the invasion before the soldiers fired dozens of live rounds, rubber-coated steel bullets, and gas bombs.
Jibril stated that the soldiers injured 166 Palestinians, including four who were shot with live rounds, ten who fell as the army chased them, and 152 who suffered the effects of tear gas inhalation, especially since the army fired the gas bombs at random, many striking homes or landing near them.
Among the wounded were many schoolchildren who suffered the effects of tear gas inhalation in their schools near the invaded area.
The Palestinian Ministry of Education in Nablus said it had to evacuate 16 schools in the invaded area and its surroundings to ensure the children’s safety, especially since the soldiers were firing many live rounds and gas bombs.
The Israeli army claimed that two of the slain Palestinians, Moath Masri and Hasan Qatanani, were responsible for a shooting attack last month, leading to the death of three Israelis from the Dee family in the Jordan Valley, last month, and alleged that Jabr aided them in fleeing the scene. The three are from the illegal Israeli colony of Efrat, built on Palestinian lands near Bethlehem.
The army also confirmed more than 200 soldiers took part in the invasion, adding that they used anti-tank shoulder-mounted missiles and stun grenades dropped from military drones.
The Health Ministry said the death of the three young men brings the number of slain Palestinians killed by Israeli soldiers and paramilitary colonizers since the beginning of this year to 107, including 20 children and one woman.
Various Palestinian officials, national and Islamic factions, and social figures denounced the invasion and the killing of the three young men, especially since it was clear the soldiers were not there to abduct the three Palestinians but rather to assassinate them, and that is why they started the attack by firing shells at the property.