On Monday dawn, Israeli soldiers killed a young Palestinian man and injured at least seven after the army invaded Nablus city, in the northern part of the occupied West Bank, leading to protests and exchanges of fire with Palestinian resistance fighters.

The Palestinian Red Crescent Society (PRCS) said the soldiers fatally shot Amir ِAla’ Bastami, 22, with a live round in the abdomen, in addition to shooting five with live rounds and two with rubber-coated steel bullets.

PRCS medics rushed the young man to Rafidia Hospital in Nablus, but he succumbed to his serious wounds despite all efforts to resuscitate him.

The PRCS added that 75 Palestinians, including a pregnant woman and an infant, suffered the effects of tear gas inhalation before receiving the needed treatment.

Palestine TV said the Israeli invasion lasted for five hours and was carried out by dozens of army vehicles that advanced into Nablus from the city’s northern, western, and southern parts. The soldiers also invaded several buildings and occupied rooftops before using them as firing posts.

During the invasion, the soldiers exchanged fire with Palestinian fighters, especially when they surrounded a building on Sufian Street and shot two before abducting them.

The Israeli army said its soldiers arrested two young men, Osama Tawil, and Abdul-Kamel Jouri, both are members of the Lions’ Den unified armed resistance group, and alleged that the two were responsible for killing a soldier, Ido Baruch, in a shooting near Shavei Shomron illegal colony, near Nablus, on October 11, 2022.

On October 10, 2022, the Palestinian Health Ministry confirmed the death of Mahmoud Mohammad Sammoudi, 12, who, on September 28, was shot and seriously injured by Israel army fire when the soldiers also killed four young Palestinian men in Jenin and Jenin refugee camp in the northern West Bank.

The four Palestinians killed on the day of the invasions of Jenin and its refugee camp were identified as Mohammad Hisham Abu Na’sa, 25, Abdul-Rahman Fathi Khazem, 27, Ahmad Nathmi Alawna, 24, and Mohammad Mahmoud Barahma, 30.

On Sunday evening, the Palestinian Health Ministry confirmed the death of a Palestinian child, Qussai Radwan Waked, 14, who was shot by Israeli soldiers at noon in Jenin, in the northern part of the occupied West Bank, and added that the soldiers also injured two Palestinians.