Palestinians mourn in Nablus, Image from Wafa 6/24/2023

Israeli troops invaded various parts of the West Bank on Saturday and abducted seven Palestinians. In addition, during their invasion to the Bethlehem area, the soldiers shot tear gas at Palestinians protesting their invasion, causing dozens of Palestinians to suffer from the effects of tear gas inhalation.

The protests took place in the “al-Matina area” at the eastern entrance to the village of Husan, west of the Bethlehem governorate, during which the soldiers fired bullets, tear gas canisters, and sound grenades.

In a related context, the Israeli occupation forces caused a power outage in the village of Husan.

Local sources reported that the Israeli occupation forces deliberately fired at the transformer that supplies the village with electric current, which led to its breakdown and power outage in the entire village.

It is noteworthy that the Israeli occupation forces, during the past week, deliberately shot the electricity transformer three times, as part of the policy of “collective punishment” against the village and its residents for their ongoing protests against the Israeli theft of their land.

In the Ramallah district, in the central West Bank, Israeli troops abducted three Palestinians from the village of Al-Mughayyir, east of Ramallah. The three were identified as Khaled, Ali, and Suleiman Al-Zawahra. The three were abducted by Israeli troops when the troops stormed the Ain Al-Rashrash area, northeast of the village of al-Mughayyir, following an attack in the area by Israeli paramilitary colonizers. The Israeli paramilitary colonizers attacked Palestinian civilian areas, vandalizing and defacing Palestinian hmes and businesses. None of the Israeli colonizers were apprehended or faced any repercussions for their hate crimes.

In Jenin Governorate, in the northern West Bank, the Israeli occupation forces abducted two boys from the village of Ya’bad. The two were identified as Rayan Taha Hamarsheh, and Wissam Nour Zaid Al-Kilani, whom they beat and brutalized, then took to an unknown location. Also in Jenin governorate, Israeli troops invaded the village of Arraba and abducted a 12-year old boy, Karim Anwar Talalouh.

Clashes erupted in the two towns between young men and boys who challenged the armed Israeli military invasion by throwing stones toward the Israeli armored vehicles. The Israeli military troops fired stun grenades and toxic gas at them, without any injuries reported.

In Nablus governorate, in the northern West Bank, the Israeli occupation forces abducted a young man, whose identity is not known, after they stormed the village of Orif, and launched a campaign of house raids.