On Monday, 17 August 2026, UN News reported that the continuing siege of Palestinian families and attacks by illegal Israeli paramilitary colonizers in the occupied West Bank were depriving residents of basic protections and pushing them toward forced displacement.

UNICEF spokesperson Kazem Abu Khalaf said field teams delivered essential supplies to three families in Qusra, southeast of Nablus in the northern West Bank, following coordinated efforts on the ground.

The families had been trapped for nearly ten days after their water and electricity were cut off. The aid included food for children, drinking water, and hygiene supplies.

Abu Khalaf stressed that humanitarian deliveries “are not a sustainable solution” and emphasized the urgent need for direct protection, freedom of movement, and safe access to essential services for the besieged families.

In a separate statement, the United Nations called for the protection of Palestinian civilians, the safeguarding of homes and property, and guaranteed access to basic services amid continuing movement restrictions and violence by Israeli colonizers in the West Bank, as well as intensified Israeli strikes on the Gaza Strip.

UN spokesperson Stéphane Dujarric said UN teams were eventually able to reach families in Qusra, in the northern West Bank, despite severe movement restrictions imposed by Israeli forces.

In Gaza, UN humanitarian partners expressed deep concern over continuing Israeli strikes on civilians, warning that funding shortages and Israeli restrictions on shelter materials are hindering winter preparations and worsening the protection crisis facing displaced families.

The United Nations called for immediate measures to protect Palestinian civilians and ensure secure access to essential services.

The United Nations called for immediate measures to protect Palestinian civilians and ensure secure access to essential services.