The Israeli Finance and Housing Ministries agreed on budget to absorb evacuated settlers from the Gaza Strip and northern West Bank in July in parks built in the Western Negev Eshkelon region, near Sderot.
Benjamin Netanyahu, the Israeli Finance Minister approved the decision of the Minster of Housing Yitzhak Herzog to transfer millions of Shekels in order to find the new project.
The money will be used also to fund development projects in three Israeli towns near the Israeli coastal city of Ashkelon, and Carmiya, Mavkiim and Bat Hadar.
Contractors can begin working on the infrastructure for the suggested caravan parks which are scheduled to be completed by July 1, 2005; each park will include 100 trailer homes.
Israeli source revealed last week that the caravan plan will not affect a proposal to Ã¢â‚¬Å“re-create Gush Katif in Netzarim area between Ashdod and Ashkelon.
The Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon met last Thursday with Eshkol Regional Council Head Ori Naamti and agreed to place 200 more caravans in the area.
Naamti said that the council would continue the building of infrastructure, and the housing ministry would continue the building of the caravan parks.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“The parks would be ready in time for implementing the disengagement plan, which is set to begin in July 20Ã¢â‚¬Â, Naamti said.
The proposed budged for this project will be brought to the government for approval next Sunday.