Eleven Israeli soldiers were injured in Wednesday clashes with Hezbollah fighters as the army expanded its ground offensive in southern Lebanon. Several Israelis were injured by Katusha rockets fired into Haifa, Kiryat Shmona. Property damages were incurred in Tiberias, Rosh Pina, and Akko.

On Wednesday morning, three Israeli soldiers from the Golani Brigade, were injured, one seriously, after exchanging fire with Hezbollah fighters on the eastern sector of the borders with Lebanon. The clashes took place close to the boundaries of a settlement in the area.

Israeli sources reported that soldiers invaded Mheibab village, in southern Lebanon, and exchanged fire with Hezbollah fighters. Three soldiers were injured and were transferred to Rambam Hospital in Haifa.

The sources claimed that Hezbollah gunmen fired several Katusha rockets into Israel from the village over the last two weeks causing a large number of injuries.

Moreover, two Israeli soldiers were injured in Al Taiba village, in Lebanon, after an anti-tank shell hit their tank.

Three more soldiers were injured in Eita Al Sha’ab village, in southern Lebanon.

Hezbollah gunmen fired a Katusha rocket that struck Kibbutz Sa’ar, north of Nahariya killing one man while riding a bicycle in the kibbutz’s.

Four more Israelis were lightly wounded by shrapnel in Akko, and another person was wounded in Kiryat Shmona. Property damages were incurred in Tiberias, Rosh Pina, Akko and Kiryat Shmona, Israeli sources reported.

One rocket was fired into Haifa, sirens were sounded but no injuries were reported.

Israeli Ynetnews reported that the heaviest barrage began shortly before 10:00 in the morning, after Hezbollah gunmen fired several Katusha shells rockets that landed in open areas in Carmiel and Hatzor.

Three shells hit Safad and a fourth hit a house in Roch Pina.

In Keyat Shmoneh settlement, damage was reported to several industrial buildings and a number of houses after Hezbollah fighters fired several shells.

Israeli security sources reported that the first attack was carried at 6:00 a.m, when two Katusha rockets hit two settlements in the Galilee; the rockets exploded in open areas causing no injuries.