Thursday, at least seven Israeli residents were killed and many injured during a series of rocket attacks on northern Israel by Hezbollah fighters. At least 100 rockets landed inside northern Israel within the space of one hour on Thursday afternoon, Israeli officials said.
In Maalot, three Israeli Arabs were killed when a rocket landed near their car. Three people were also killed during rocket attacks on the town of Acre, and one Israeli was killed Kibbutz Sa’ar.
Moreover, Israeli military sources that three Israeli soldiers were killed in clashes with Hezbollah fighters in southern Lebanon.
Israel, meanwhile, continued its air strikes on Lebanon, bombing the capital Beirut and killing at least four people in the south, the Qatar based Al Jazeera TV reported.
Also on Thursday, the Lebanese Prime Minister, Fuad Siniora, said that at least 900 people had been killed and 3000 were injured in attacks on the south of the country since the current conflict began.
Meanwhile, in spite of a statement by the Israeli Prime Minister, Ehud Olmert, that the army crushed the infrastructure of Hezbollah, rocket attacks against Israeli continues and were intensified.
Moreover, the army said that it managed to curve what was described as a “security zone” of twenty southern Lebanese villages, 6 km from the borders with Israel.
Israel pushed at least 10.000 soldiers in southern Lebanon in the ground offensive there.
An Israeli television channel reported on Thursday that troops will remain there until a multinational force is deployed.