Thursday night one civilian killed and several others injured when the Israeli army shelled a house in Al Saftawi area, north of Gaza city, Palestinian medical sources reported. The names of the thirty-three Palestinians, nine of whom were children killed in the on February 27th and 28th are attached to this article.
Sources have now identified the dead man, as Mohammad Shamia, from his mutilated and burnt remains.
At least three other residents were injured in the shelling, one critically. Several houses have been burned.
Palestinian medical sources, stated that the number of Palestinians killed by the army in Gaza and the West Bank on Wednesday and Thursday now totals 30, including nine children. 10 of the slain residents were fighters, one a policeman, the rest civilians.
The targeting of children:
In Amer Project west of Jabalia north of the Gaza Strip, Israeli soldiers fired a shell at a group of children playing in the area which killed three. They were identified as Bilal HIjazi, 13, Suleiman Hamada, 12 and Anas Al Manaâ€™ma, 10.
Four more children were killed in Jabalia in another shelling targeting an area close to Al Salaam Mosque. The four children were identified as Deeb Dardouna, 11, Omar Dardouna, 14, Ali Dardouna, 8 and Mohammad Hammouda, 7. Their bodies were severely mutilated.
A five-month infant was killed when the Israeli Air force shelled the Ministry of Interior in Gaza city, damaging a number of houses. The child was identified as Mohammad Nasser Al Borâ€™ey, aged 5 months.
list of residents killed in recent Israeli military violations
1. Zaki Abu Zeid, 20, killed on 2/27 in Al Boreij refugee camp.
2. Omar Atiyya, 26, killed on 2/27 in Khan Younis.
3. Aziz Masoud, 21, killed on 2/27 in Khan Younis.
4. Ahmad Al Mtawwaq, 19, killed on 2/27 in Khan Younis.
5. Abdullah Adwan, 22, killed on 2/27 in Khan Younis.
6. Mohammad Abu A Haseen, 22, killed on 2/27 in Khan Younis.
7. Ibarhim Zaki Maseemy, 20, killed on 2/27 in the West Bank.
8. Hammad Mirshid Masalha, 60, killed on 2/27 in Jabal Al Rayyis.
9. Minwir Mohammad Abu Mandeel, 34, killed on 2/27 in Jabal Al Rayyis.
10. Bilal Kamal Hijazi, 13, killed on 2/27 in Jabalia.
11. Suleiman Khalil Hamada, 12, killed on 2/27 in Jabalia.
12. Anas Al Manaâ€™ma, 10, killed on 2/27 in Jabalia.
13. Mohamamd Al Boraâ€™ey, 5 months, killed on 2/27 in Gaza.
14. Luay Qneita, 19, killed on 2/27 in Al Shujaeyya.
15. Ahmad Al Samry, 23, killed on 2/28 in Al Shujaeyya.
16. Amjad Al Amraty, 24, killed on 2/28 in Al Shujaeyya.
17. Maher Abu Al Reesh, killed on 2/28 in the West Bank.
18. Ahmad Al nadi, killed on 2/28 in Gaza city.
19. Jawad Tafish, killed on 2/28 in Gaza city.
20. Hamza Al Hayya, killed on 2/28 in Gaza city.
21. Abdullah Al Zweydi, 23, killed on 2/28 in Beit Hanoun.
22. Awad Al Banna, 27, killed on 2/28 in Beit Hanoun.
23. Deeb Dardouna, 11, killed on 2/28 in Jabalia.
24. Omar Dardouna, 14, killed on 2/28 in Jabalia.
25. Ali Dardouna, 8, killed on 2/28 in Jabalia.
26. Mohammad Hammouda, killed on 2/28 in Jabalia.
27. Rami Khalifa, 27, killed on 2/28 in Gaza.
28. Mohammad Al Hilu, 24, killed on 2/28 in Al Shatyâ€™ refugee camp.
29. Ramiz Nasser, 27, killed on 2/28 in Beit Hanoun.
30. Talâ€™at Salaah Rmeilat, killed on 2/28 in Al Sudaniyya.
31. Amjad Al Sakani, 12, killed on 2/28 in Gaza
32. Khalil Ahil, killed on 2/28 in Gaza.
33. Mohammad Masoud Al Hilu, killed on 2/28 in Gaza.
On Thursday after midnight, the Israeli army carried out further invasions into Khan Younis and Rafah in the southern part of the Gaza Strip. Soldiers broke into several homes using them as military posts.
The army also shelled in Khan Younis, Rafah and several other areas.