The Al Aqsa Martyrs brigades the armed wing of the Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas announced on Wednesday that Israel have decided to stop chasing 12 fighters of the group from the northern West Bank city of Nablus.
The group said that those 12 have been under the custody of the Palestinian Authority for over five months now.
They were among the group that Israeli said that it will stop attacking them to kill them or detain them if they let go over their weapons and surrender themselves to the Palestinian authority.
Saleh Abu Al Hayyat, one of Al Aqsa Martyrs brigades’ leader in Nablus, said that the Israeli army have told the Palestinian Athurity about the decision on Tuesday after midnight. He added that those 12 fighters can now go back to their families and resume their life.
The Israeli army has attack fighters who were part of the same deal last year and killed three of them in Nablus city. All three were members of Al Aqsa Martyrs brigades.
Translated by â€“ Ghassan Bannoura â€“ IMEMC News Room