Israeli soldiers invaded the village of Beit Ummar, near the southern West Bank city of Hebron, broke into two houses and handed the owners instructions for two young men to appear at the Etzion interrogation center, north of Hebron. Houses were also invaded in Silwan, and notices placed on seven houses for construction violations.The army invaded the house of Nasser Jamal Awad in Beit Ummar at dawn and asked for his 20- year-old son Mu’taz, a student at Bethlehem University. Mu’taz was not at home and the soldiers handed his mother an instruction for Mu’taz to appear at a nearby military base for interrogation.

Israeli soldiers also broke into the house of Adam Salem Ekhlil and handed his 23 year old son Yahya a similar instruction.

On Sunday, soldiers broke into the house of Younes Assi in Silwan, in occupied East Jerusalem, under the pretext of ‘searching for a weapon.’

Assi, 70, said that the military detained him and his wife in one of the rooms in their home, and trashed the house while searching it.

After the search was concluded, Assi was sent to a police station and was interrogated for several hours before he was released on 5000 Israeli Shekels bail.

On Sunday, officers of the Jerusalem City Council, accompanied by the Police, invaded Sin Allousa and Al-Bustan neighborhoods in Silwan, and placed notices on the doors of seven homes, claiming construction violations.

Furthermore, on Saturday the Israeli police kidnapped Rabie Ghaith, 25, using excessive force against him.

As Ghaith was being dragged to the street, a scuffle took place between the police and local residents; the police fired gas bombs at the residents.

Eyewitnesses reported that several youths surrounded the police car transporting the Ghaith, in an attempt to secure his release. More policemen arrived at the scene and dispersed the protestors.

Repeated clashes occured in Silwan over the weekend. A number of Palestinians suffered from inhaling gas fired by the army.The protestors reportedly torched two police vehicles.