In a direct violation of the truce that was declared Thursday, Israeli soldiers shot and killed one Palestinian, and wounded 19 others after opening fire at them, near the border fence in Khan Younis, in the southern part of the Gaza Strip. Two more Palestinians died of wounds suffered during the war.The army opened fire at Palestinian farmers while in their own lands close to the border fence killing Anwar Abdul-Hadi Qdeih, 21, and wounded at least 12 other Palestinians who were moved to the Nasser Hospital in Khan Younis; their injuries were described as moderate-to-severe.

The violation is the second since the truce was declared Thursday, as on Thursday evening, two Palestinians were injured when the army opened fire at residents celebrating the ceasefire deal, east of Khan Younis.

Furthermore, soldiers kidnapped on Friday morning, a Palestinian who allegedly crossed the border fence east of Khan Younis, and shot and wounded seven residents who were in the area, but did not cross the fence.

Media sources in Gaza reported that dozens of residents headed on Friday morning to the area located east of Khuza’a town in Khan Younis, to inspect their lands that were heavily bombarded during the war, but the army opened fire at them wounding seven.

It is worth noting that on Thursday hundreds of residents went to the location where fighters of the al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of Hamas, targeted and detonated an armored Israeli military vehicle two weeks ago, near al-Faraheen town, east of Khan Younis.

The residents took pictures of the vehicle, while Israeli soldiers, stationed just a few meters away on the other side of the fence, opened fire at them wounding two Palestinians.

The ceasefire is fragile, but still holding, despite the fact that is has been repeatedly violated by Israel an issue that raises fears of potential renewal of clashes in the coastal region.

In related news, medical sources in Gaza reported that two Palestinians died of serious injuries suffered during the Israeli war on Gaza.

Dr. Ashfar al-Qudra, spokesperson of the Palestinian Ministry of Health in Gaza, reported that resident Jouda Suleiman died of injuries suffered a few days ago when the army bombarded Tal al-Hawa neighborhood in Gaza, and that another resident identified as Mohammad Abu Msameh, died when the Israeli army fired a missile into the al-Maghazi refugee camp in central Gaza.

At least 167 Palestinians, most of them children, women, youth and elderly, including several members of the same family, have been killed by Israeli missiles and shells during eight days of Israeli war on Gaza, while more than 1,225 residents have been injured, dozens seriously.