Click on Link to download or play MP3 file || 3 m 46s || 3.46 MB ||

Welcome to Palestine Today, a service of the International Middle East Media Center, for Wednesday August 7th, 2013.

Five Palestinians injured two children kidnapped as Israeli soldiers invade West Bank communities. These stories, and more, coming up, stay tuned.

Five people were injured and two children kidnapped on Wednesday at dawn when dozens of Israeli soldiers invaded Beit Ummar town, north of the southern West Bank city of Hebron.

Local sources reported that dozens of soldiers invaded the town, and kidnapped two children identified as Mustafa Mohammad Awad, 16, and Ramzi Abdul-Hamid Al-‘Allamy, 15.

Both children were taken prisoner from their homes, while the soldiers also violently attacked and beat Al-‘Allamy. Violent clashes took place in the town as local youths hurled stones at the invading soldiers. The army fired gas bombs and dozens of rubber-coated metal bullets.

Two of the injured sustained critical wounds, while Three more Palestinians suffered mild injuries after being hit by rubber-coated metal bullets, and were treated by local medics; their injuries did not require hospitalization. Furthermore, Red Crescent medics provided treatment to a number of residents who suffered the effects of teargas inhalation.

In other news Israeli sources reported that four soldiers suffered mild to moderate injuries on Wednesday in an explosion that took place near the northern border with Lebanon.

The wounded soldiers were moved to an Israeli hospital in Nahariya; three of them were moved to surgery while one was moved to the intensive care unit, Israeli Ynet News reported. Ynet said that this is the first attack in the area since the second war on Lebanon that took place seven years ago.

Gunfire also took place in the Naqoura area in southern Lebanon, while sounds of two blasts have been heard. The Ynet added that Israeli soldiers fired several illumination bombs near the border area.

According to the Al-Manar TV, run by the Hezbollah Party, the explosion that targeted the Israeli army took place on the Lebanese side, just six meters away from the border.

Meanwhile, a Lebanese security official stated that the explosion took place after the Israeli army advanced 150 meters into southern Lebanon.

The Israeli army did not provide further details on the incident while a military commander stated that the situation in the border area has been volatile due to the events taking place in Syria, and Hezbollah activities near the border area.

And that’s all for today from the IMEMC News; this was the Wednesday August 7, news round-up from the Occupied Palestinian Territories. For more news and updates please visit our website at Today’s report has been brought to you by Shamus Slaunwhite and me, Ghassan Bannoura.