[Tuesday Morning October 22, 2013] Palestinian sources have reported that a young Palestinian man was shot and killed during armed clashes with Israeli soldiers in Kufur Ni’ma village, west of the central West Bank city of Ramallah.The Al-Quds Brigades, the armed wing of the Islamic Jihad, has reported that Mohammad ‘Aasy, 24 years of age, is one of its fighters.

The Israeli military said that Al-‘Aasy was hiding in a cave near the village, and that he exchanged fire with the soldiers who eventually shot him dead. The army did not report any casualties among its soldiers.

Israeli sources said that the soldiers invaded Ni’ma village during late night hours, in an attempt to kidnap Palestinian resistance fighters, and that one of the fighters escaped, but the army pursed him and managed to arrest him.

The sources added that Al-‘Aasy was shot dead after he entered a cave near Ni’ma village, and that he opened fire at the soldiers who managed to surround him, and killed him several hours later.

The Israeli army said soldiers managed to arrest one Palestinian, and took him to an interrogation facility.

Eyewitnesses said that more than 15 Israeli military vehicles, and a military bulldozer, invaded the area, imposed curfew forcing the residents under house arrest, and initiated a search campaign in an area that became isolated by the Annexation Wall.

The eyewitnesses that that, approximately at seven in the morning, soldiers kidnapped several Palestinians, some identified as Mohammad Ibrahim Nasr, William Abu ‘Aady, and Abdullah Suleiman, all from Ni’ma village, and took them to a military base in the area.

Clashes took place between the invading soldiers and dozens of local youths who hurled stones and empty bottles at them, while the army fired gas bombs, concussion grenades, and rubber-coated metal bullets at the residents and several homes in the area.

Soldiers also prevented the residents, including schoolchildren, from leaving their homes, and completely isolated the area.

Local sources in Bil’in village, have reported that several Palestinians, including a two-month old infant, suffered the effects of teargas inhalation.

They added, that dozens of soldiers invaded the village, and clashes with local youths.