[Monday, April 21, 2014] Israeli soldiers invaded various Palestinian communities in the occupied West Bank, broke into and searched homes, and kidnapped several Palestinians.

Local sources in Bethlehem have reported that several Israeli military vehicles invaded Teqoua’ town, east of Bethlehem, kidnapping one Palestinian after violently searching his home.

The Palestinian News & Info Agency (WAFA) said the army kidnapped Mohammad Salim Sabah, 22, and took him to an unknown destination.

Soldiers also broke into the home of Nayef Hussein Mousa, on the main road of the town where a number of schools are located, and used its rooftop as a motoring tower.

Head of the Teqoua’ town council, Hatem Sabah, said the army installed cameras, and used binoculars to monitor the movement of the residents.

Furthermore, soldiers invaded the al-Borj village, south of the southern West Bank city of Hebron, broke into a home and searched it, and kidnapped one Palestinian identified as Fawzi Talahma.

Several military jeeps also invaded the Sammoa’ town, south of Hebron, searched a number of homes, and handed a lawyer identified as Ala’ Maraqa, a warrant to head to the Etzion military base for interrogation.

In addition, soldiers installed a roadblock in the Beit Einoun area, northeast of Hebron, stopped and searched dozens of Palestinian cars and investigated the ID cards of the passengers.

In Hebron city, soldiers invaded the home of Abdul-‘Alim Dana, a political leader of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP), and kidnapped his son Bashar, 27.

Army further invaded the al-Borj village, southwest of Hebron, and kidnapped a Palestinian police officer.
Local sources said the soldiers kidnapped Officer Fawzi Talahma, 37, after searching his home, and taking him to an unknown destination.

Soldiers also broke into a number of stores, in Ithna town, west of Hebron, and confiscated tapes from their surveillance cameras.

Local sources said dozens of soldiers invaded Halhoul, As-Sammoa’ and ath-Thaheriyya towns, near Hebron, and drove in their streets before withdrawing from the area.

In Jenin, in the northern part of the occupied West Bank, a number of armored Israeli military jeeps invaded the Jenin refugee camp, kidnapped one Palestinian and handed his brother a warrant for interrogation.

WAFA said the soldiers kidnapped kidnaped Tareq Ali Sa’dy, after searching and ransacking his home, and handed his brother, Tareq, a military warrant ordering him to head to the Salem military base for interrogation.

Another resident, identified as Sa’id Sobhy Bargheesh, was handed a similar order after the soldiers invaded his home.

On Sunday evening, soldiers invaded the Saff Street, in Bethlehem, and kidnapped Mousa Ya’coub Sa’id, 30, after searching his home.

Over 35 Palestinians suffered from excessive tear gas inhalation, late Monday, after Israeli forces raided a Nablus-area village, according to a local official.

Qais Awwad, head of the joint services council in southern Nablus, told Ma’an that clashes broke out in the village of Awarta after several Israeli military jeeps entered the area.

Palestinian youth threw stones and Israeli forces fired tear gas and stun grenades, Awwad said.

More than 10 people, including three children and a woman, were taken to National Hospital in Nablus for treatment, he added.

An Israeli army spokesman did not immediately return calls seeking comment.

Also on Monday, police took into their custody two from the Gaza Strip, Gaza’s police department said in a statement.

The statement said one fugitive was arrested after police raided a house where he was hiding in Gaza City.

Another was taken from the al-Tuffah neighborhood of the city.

Separately, the statement said police arrested a man who had a grenade in his possession near the beach west of Gaza City.

No further details were provided.