According to various news agencies, the Israeli army has found the bodies of the three missing settlers near Halhoul, north of Hebron. The information is confirmed and the families of the three settlers have been notified by the Israeli authorities.
Israeli forces discovered the bodies Monday afternoon, in a field not far from where they reportedly went missing.
The families have been notified and the bodies are currently going through forensic identification.
Last 12th of June, the three went missing near Gush Etzion settlement, in the West Bank, as they were hitchhiking to their homes. The three were identified as Naftali Frankel, 16 years old, Gilad Shaer, 16, and Eyal Yifrah, 19.
Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu had declared that the teens had been abducted by Hamas, although the group never claimed responsibility for the alleged abduction.
Following the disappearance of the three teens, the Israeli government ordered a massive series of raids, throughout the West Bank and Gaza, in which hundreds of Palestinians were arrested, including several political leaders.
Over 100 were injured and five were killed over the duration of the campaign.
According to Ma’an, Israeli forces surrounded the homes of two men suspected of kidnapping and killing the three Israeli teens, about an hour later, and prepared to demolish their houses, locals said.
Witnesses told Ma’an Israeli soldiers had forced the residents out of the houses of Ammar Abu Eisha and Marwan al-Qawasmeh, and were preparing for demolition.
Abu Eisha’s family has denied the allegations.
Chris Carlson is a student of religion at Mount Mercy University, United States, and has been a regular volunteer with the IMEMC since 2013. He assisted in providing extensive coverage of the 2014 Israeli military offensive on the Gaza Strip and continues, into the present day, with the issues at hand. He can be reached via email at c h r i s @ i m e m c . o r g.