Audio Link After Text
Welcome to Palestine Today, a service of the International Middle East Media Center, www.imemc.org, for Thursday, October 29, 2015.
Two Palestinian civilians were killed by Israeli gunfire. Meanwhile clashes continued all over the occupied West Bank, Jerusalem and Gaza. These stories, and more, coming up, stay tuned.
In the southern West Bank city of Hebron, Farouq Abdul-Qader Seder, 19, was shot dead in the Shuhada Street, close to the Beit Hadassah illegal Israeli settlement in the old city part. Israeli troops said that he tried to stab a soldier. Meanwhile eyewitnesses said that Seder was just walking home when he was shoot. Soldiers left the youth bleeding on the ground until he died and did not allow ambulance crews from providing him with medical assistance. Later armed settlers and troops attacked nearby homes, witnesses said.
Just three hours earlier on Thursday, Mahdi Mohammad Ramadan al-Mohtasib, 23, was shot dead by Israeli troops near the Ibrahimi Mosque, in Hebron old city. Eyewitnesses said the soldiers shot the Palestinian from a very close range. The Israeli army claimed al-Mohtasib was shot ‘after stabbing a soldier, lightly wounding him with a cut to his face.’ The circumstances of his death remains unclear.
Also on Thursday, Nadim Eshqeirat, 52, died after the ambulance was unable to reach him in time, due to the extensive military blockade, and roadblocks isolating Palestinian communities in the occupied city of Jerusalem. Eshqeirat suffered a heart attack at his home in Jabal al-Mokabber town in Jerusalem. The ambulance was held up by Israeli roadblocks for more than 10 minutes which lead to the man’s death.
With the three latest fatalities, on Thursday, the number of Palestinians, killed by Israeli army fire in occupied Palestine since the beginning of this month has reached 68, including 14 children. The Palestinian Ministry of Health said that at least 914 have been shot by live Israeli army fire, while 878 were shot with rubber-coated steel bullets.
In Jerusalem old city on Thursday, radical Israeli settlers invaded the yards of Al Aqsa Mosque. Palestinian worshipers praying inside the mosque stopped the settlers from going any furthers and forced them out, local Palestinian sources reported. The recent wave of protest by Palestinians started last month after daily invasions targeting the Al Aqsa mosque by radical Israeli settlers and attempts to divide the third holiest site for Muslims worldwide.
In the meantime, clashes between local youth and invading Israeli troops were reported on Thursday in Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Hebron, Nablus and Ramallah. Palestinian sources said that at least 16 Palestinians were injured by Israeli gunfire and tear gas in Ramallah. Including one youth who was shot in the head by a live gunfire, medical sources reported. meanwhile four teenagers were shot by Israeli army rubber-coated steel bullets during clashes in Hebron old city.
Late on Wednesday night and Thursday at dawn, Israeli soldiers have kidnapped at least forty Palestinians in different parts of the occupied West Bank, including occupied East Jerusalem.
And that’s all for today from the IMEMC News; this was the Thursday October 29, 2015 news round-up from the Occupied Palestinian Territories. For more news and updates, please visit our website at www.imemc.org. Today’s report has been brought to you by George Rishmawi and me Ghassan Bannoura.