The Palestinian Health Ministry in the Gaza Strip has reported that Israeli soldiers shot and killed, 30 Palestinians, and injured 5511 others, including 143 who suffered serious wounds, and 21 who suffered amputations.
The Health Ministry said the soldiers killed 40 Palestinians, including children, and two journalists since the nonviolent protesters started on Land Day, on March 30th, 2018.
It added that the soldiers shot and injured 5111 Palestinians, including 3368 who were rushed to local hospitals in the Gaza Strip, and 2143 who received treatment in field clinics near border fence area.
The Ministry said that among the injured Palestinians are 592 children, and 192 women.
Twenty-one of the wounded Palestinians suffered amputated limbs; seventeen suffered amputations in the lower limbs, 1 hand amputation, and three lost at least one finger.
As for the extent of injuries, 143 suffered serious wounds, 1710 suffered moderate injuries, and 1515 were mildly wounded.
The injuries are classified as:
- 1738 – Live fire.
- 394 – Rubber-coated steel bullets.
- 611 – Suffered effects of teargas inhalation.
- 625 – Suffered other injuries, such as cuts and bruises.
- 227 were injured in the head and neck.
- 440 were injured in the upper limbs.
- 115 were injured in the chest and back.
- 142 were injured in the pelvis and abdomen.
- 1704 were injured in the lower limbs.
- 704 were injured in various parts of the body.