Israeli troops assaulted, on Friday, a Palestinian official, in Deir Istiya town, northwest of Salfit, in the central West Bank, and injured dozens of other civilians in the southern West Bank town of Tuqu’, south of Bethlehem, local sources reported.

Israeli soldiers injured, on Friday, a Palestinian official and attacked other demonstrators at an anti-settlement protest in Deir Istiya town, northwest of Salfit, local sources reported.

Participants performed the Friday prayer on the land, and proceeded to demonstrate against the new colonial outpost set up on June 24, in the northern part of the town.

According to Nazim al-Salman, a local activist, Israeli soldiers assaulted Minister Moayad Shaaban, the head of the of the Wall and Settlement Resistance Commission, causing him bruising and injuries to his chest and abdomen.

Al-Salman added that the army fired tear gas canisters directly at Shaaban and the other non-violent demonstrators, there were no other injuries reported.

Shaaban was transported to hospital for medical intervention, his condition was not known at the time of writing this report.

It must be noted that on Thursday, Shaaban was involved in tearing down tents and structures set up by illegal settlers on the lands of citizens of Kafr al-Labad village, east of Tulkarem, in the northwestern part of the occupied West Bank.

The Israeli occupation authorities have expropriated much of the town’s land for settlement expansion, and it is under constant threat of further loss of Palestinian-owned land.

In related news, Israeli forces attacked Palestinian civilians who protested the military presence in Tuqu’ town, south of Bethlehem, in the southern occupied West Bank, causing a number of injuries.

According to Tayseer Abu Mufreh, the head of the Tuqu’ municipality, local Palestinians confronted the invading army.

Soldiers opened fire with live rounds, concussion grenades, and tear gas canisters, which caused dozens of civilians to suffer the toxic effects of tear gas inhalation.