Overnight Wednesday, until dawn Thursday, the Israeli army detained eighteen Palestinian civilians, including former prisoners, and a young female student, the Palestinian Prisoners’ Society (PPS) said in a statement.
In the southernmost West Bank city of Hebron, Israeli forces detained four Palestinian civilians, including two brothers, identified as;
1. Wajdi Nayef Jaradat from the town of Sa’ir,
2. Muhammad Salah Al-Qawasmeh,
3. Saeed Nidal Al-Awawi, and
4. Saad Al-Awawi the brother of Saeed.
From the south of the West Bank, in occupied East Jerusalem, soldiers detained five Palestinians, identified as;
5. Muhammad Ayman Obaid,
6. Omar Ahmed Mahmoud, who was abducted from the town of al-‘Isawiya,
7. Rami Ghaith from the town of Silwan,
8. Muhammad Obaid Al-Matari, from the town of Beit Annan, and
9. Moaz Al-Matari, also from the town of Beit Annan.
From the central West Bank district of Ramallah and Al-Bireh, the Israeli army detained two former prisoners, and a female Birzeit University student.
10. Jamal Tawil, father of a prisoner, a Hamas leader, and former prisoner, from Al-Bireh,
11. Hussein Abu Kweik, also a former prisoner, and a Hamas leader, from Al-Bireh,
12. Ruba Fahmi Asi, a female student of Birzeit University, was detained from the town of Beitunia, west of Ramallah.
Meanwhile, in the northern West Bank city of Qalqilia, Israeli forces detained;
13. Abdel Rahman Mahmoud Hanini, 28.
In the northernmost West Bank city of Jenin, five Palestinians, the majority of whom were former prisoners, were detained from different areas;
14. Abdullah Afif Zakarneh,
15. Sami Massad,
16. Bassam Abu Ali,
17. Majid Nairat, and
18. Muhammad Falah Owais, who was detained, Wednesday night, from in front of the Tayyar military roadblock.
The Palestinian Information Center reported that two of the detained were Hamas leaders.
The Jerusalem Post reported that Israeli forces stormed the Silwan home of Ambassador, Ahmed Al-Ruwaidi, the representative Islamic Cooperation Organization.
The Palestinian WAFA News Agency reported that youths in Ramallah, resisted the military invasion, to which the Israeli forces responded by firing rubber-coated steal rounds and tear-gas canisters at the stone-throwing youths.
No casualties were reported.
~ PPS, PIC, Jerusalem Press, WAFA, Eye on Palestine