Palestinian journalist Abdullah Fadel Moratja was killed, Monday evening, by Israeli shelling on citizens’ houses in the area of al-Shejaia, east of Gaza City. The Ministry of Information now states that the death toll of journalists has risen to 17, since the beginning of the most recent Israeli military offensive against Gaza, in early July.According to Al Ray Palestinian Media Agency, the Ministry called upon the International Community and other interested parties to step up in taking serious actions in stopping Israel’s systematic attacks against journalists.
Al Ray has provided a list of names of journalists who were killed by Israeli attacks, as reported by the Ministry of Information:
1. Hamid Abdullah Shehab – ‘Media 24’company.
2. Najla Mahmoud Haj – media activist.
3 Khalid Hamad – the ‘Kontnao’ Media Production company.
4. Ziad Abdul Rahman Abu Hin â al-Ketab satellite channel.
5. Ezzat Duheir – Prisoners Radio.
6. Bahauddin Gharib – Palestine TV.
7 Ahed Zaqqout â veteran sports journalist.
8 Ryan Rami – Palestinian Media Network.
9 Sameh Al-Arian – Al-Aqsa TV.
10 Mohammed Daher – Editor in al-Resala paper.
11. Abdullah Vhjan – sports journalist.
12 journalist Khaled Hamada Mqat- Director of Saja news website.
13. freelance journalist Shadi Hamdi Ayyad.
14 photojournalist Mohammed Nur al-Din al-Dairi – works in the Palestinian Network.
15. journalist Ali Abu Afesh – Doha Center for Media.
16 Italian journalist Simone Camille – photographer in the Associated Press.
17. Abdullah fadel Murtaja.
Search IMEMC: ‘journalists’ for details.