Elderly Couple Dies in Gaza due to Suffocation

14 Jan
6:55 PM

An elderly couple using a charcoal grill to heat their house, in Gaza, was found dead on Sunday afternoon, the Palestinian Ministry of Health said.

A Health Ministry spokesperson said that the man, who was 90 years old and his wife 88 years old, used the charcoal grill to heat their house due to the lack of electricity.

According to Days of Palestine, the spokesperson said that using the charcoal grill in a bad ventilation system causes carbon monoxide poisoning.

Gazans have been suffering during winter due to the inability to warm up the homes because of the lack of electricity, which is an integral part of the 11-year-old siege implemented and sustained by Israel, Egypt and the Palestinian Authority.

01/12/18  Norman Finkelstein: After Israel Decimated Gaza, Human Rights Defenders Failed It (4/4)

 

 

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail
« »

IMEMC News & Agencies

Related Articles