The Israeli army carried in April dozens of violations to the truce arrived in the Sharm al-Sheikh resort in Egypt on February 8, 2005.

A report prepared and published by the Office of National institutions revealed that Israeli soldiers conducted dozens of invasions, erected military checkpoints, and fired at dozens of homes.

Ten residents were arrested in Jenin over the last month, among them Fatah and Hamas members.

Among the arrested residents, Ahmad Mishqah, who was in exile and Israel allowed his return and a gesture of ‘good intentions’; shortly after he was allowed in Jenin, the army arrested him and his brother.

Also, the report revealed that the invasions carried in April caused considerable damage to the properties and homes of the residents after the army broke into dozens of homes and conducted military searches, in addition to firing at homes in Jenin, its refuge camp and its surrounding villages.

The village of Arraba, near Jenin was repeatedly targeted; the army invaded it four times and arrested dozens of residents; most of them are members of Fatah and Hamas.

Military checkpoints around the city and its villages were mostly closed, residents and vehicles were searched, and dozens of youth were interrogated and held for several hours.

Also, undercover military units from the Israeli army conducted an operation in Sielt al-Harithiyya near Jenin, and arrested two youth.

The army claims that the two youth are members of Saraya al-Quds, the military wing of the Islamic Jihad.  

The army invaded Qabatia twice in April, and arrested six residents after claming that they are members of the Islamic Jihad; one Israeli soldier was injured at the entrance of Qabatia during an exchange of fire which erupted as the army was invading it.

The widest operations were carried out east of Jenin after the army claimed that one soldiers was stabbed and his weapon was abducted.

Israeli soldiers invaded 10 villages east of Jenin, and imposed curfew over Abu D’eef and ‘Aaba, near Jneim settlement.

Dozens of homes were searched, and the area was declared a closed military zone for two days.

Sielet al-Thaher was attacked two times; soldiers broke into a medical center in the village and conducted military searches causing damage.

Also, soldiers uprooted dozens of olive trees and bulldozed family farmlands which belong to residents of the village.

The report warned that the continuous Israeli violations are threatening the truce and understandings arrived at the Sharm al-Sheikh summit, and appealed the international to pressure Israel stop its continuous violations and invasions.   

The report also, held the Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, and his government, responsible of any future deterioration of the situation “as a result of the continuous military aggression”.