Palestinian factions, on Monday, stepped up a threat to withdraw from the months-long cease-fire with Israel however, did not declare pulling out of the deal.
In a leaflet signed by 13 Palestinian factions, the groups held Israel responsible for the deterioration of the cease-fire for violating it with continuous military operations in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.
A similar threat to pullout of the truce was issued on Sunday.
In their statement Monday, the groups said they would continue to consult with one another to determine an ‘appropriate response to the ongoing aggression.’
The factions basically complained in their statements against the on going Israeli attacks, arrests, and home demolitions.
Monday morning, Israeli army radio reported that Palestinian resistance fired a homemade shell at Naveh Dekalim settlement in the Gaza Strip, and fired with live ammunition at military camps. The shell apparently exploded in an open area, causing no damage or injuries.
Also, the radio reported that Palestinian resistance fired at soldiers based near Naveh Dekalim, no injuries.
Earlier on Monday at dawn, resistance fired at Israeli soldiers manning an area near the Rafah border, according to army radio reports.
The Israeli online daily Haaretz reported that resistance fighters opened fire at several military bases, near Netzarim settlement south of the Gaza Strip, no injuries were reported.
Moreover, the army imposed full closure of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip on Sunday for the duration of the Jewish holiday of Shavuot, the closure according to army sources will end on Monday night.
A senior military source claimed that the decision to impose full closure over the Palestinian territories came after the military intelligence decided that resistance faction might carry out attacks during this period.
Yet, Israeli always imposed closure over the Palestinian territories during Jewish feasts barring any entry to Israel and to some Palestinians areas.
The Palestinian Internal Ministry released a statement following the incident, warning factions to halt all attacks on surrounding Jewish settlements.
The Palestinian Authority said that it will take all necessarily measure to uphold the law, a source at the Palestinian Internal ministry said that these attacks are harmful to the “Palestinian life and property”.
The ministry released a statements saying that it will take all necessarily measures to uphold law, and called on Palestinian factions to obey the law and protect the Palestinian interests.