Israeli media sources reported on Thursday that the Egyptian Intelligence chief, Omar Suleiman, is expected to visit Israeli in the coming few days to receive Israel's response on the truce offer mediated by Egypt and agreed on by Palestinian factions.
On Wednesday several Palestinian factions have agreed to a ceasefire with Israel. The Palestinian factions, including Hamas and 11 smaller groups agreed in Cairo on Wednesday to proposals that include a six-month truce, a prisoner exchange and reopening of the border crossings between Gaza, Israel and Egypt.
The truce deal, which was mediated by Egyptian security officials, will take effect in Gaza first then will include the West Bank in later stages.
However, no date was set for implementing the truce deal yet.
On the ground, Israel continued to attack the Gaza Strip, and on Thursday the army invaded several parts of the southern part of the Gaza Strip, killing one Hamas fighter and injuring two children.
Also, on Wednesday at night, an Israeli air strike targeting a workshop in Rafah, in the southern part of the coastal region, killed one Islamic Jihad fighter; five Palestinians including two children were wounded, at least two seriously.
On Thursday the Islamic Jihad movement told media agencies that the movement will not be the first to violate the truce deal but will not sign it.
In response to the latest Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip, the Hamas movement issued a statement on Thursday stating that the movement will continue the resistance as long as the Israeli army continues to attack Palestinians.
Israeli daily newspaper, The Jerusalem Post, said on Thursday that Israeli officials believe that the Egyptian-mediated truce might advance the release of the Israeli soldier, Gliad Shalit, who was abducted by the Palestinian resistance groups two years ago in Gaza.
The newspaper added that Israeli security officials say that the Israeli Defense Minister, Ehud Barak, might be willing to accept the Egyptian-mediated truce offer.
Last week Israel dismissed a ceasefire offer presented by the ruling Hamas party in Gaza. The offer was presented through Egyptian mediators.
Israel branded the offer as a maneuver by Hamas in orde to re-arm and reorganize after recent fighting with the Israeli army in Gaza. David Baker, spokesman of the Israeli government told the IMEMC that"Israel believes that Hamas is trying to buy time , in order to rearm and reorganize in order for its members to launch their terrorist offensives against Israel, I think Hamas is playing a game" Baker said.