Palestine Today 04 03 2012

April 3, 2012 8:24 PM IMEMC News Audio report, Palestine 0
03 Apr
8:24 PM

Click on Link to download or play MP3 file || 3 m 20s || 3.05 MB ||

Welcome to Palestine Today, a service of the International Middle East Media Center, www.imemc.org, for Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012.

Palestinian child pronounced dead due to gunshot wounds sustained last year while Israeli troops demolish homes and cut off electricity in West Bank town. These stories and more coming up, stay tuned.

Four-year-old Aseel Ara’ara form the town of Anata near Jerusalem was pronounced dead on Tuesday of wounds sustained November 25, 2011, Palestinian medical sources reported.

Aseel’s family said that their daughter was wounded by a gunshot in the neck last year when she was playing in an area adjacent to an Israeli military base. The family requested the Israeli authorities to start a probe into the case as medical reports indicate that she was wounded with a gunshot from an automatic weapon.

Also on Tuesday Israeli military bulldozers demolished four houses in the town of Beit Jala near the southern West Bank city of Bethlehem Palestinian media sources reported. In addition to the home s demolished the army removed 55 electricity poles in the Makhrour neighborhood which resulted in a power blackout in the entire are.

The Israeli military claim they have sent out demolishing orders in 2005, however, the resident said they have received nothing before March 5. The same owner added that he found the warrant in front of the door under a small stone. On his part, the Mayor of Bethlehem said the municipality is trying to restore the power to the area as a temporary relief for the residents.

Earlier on Tuesday morning three men were arrested by Israeli troops that invaded and searched homes in the northern West Bank city of Nablus. Among those arrested were correspondent of Quds Press Mohamed Mona.

In other news, a report published by the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs for the occupied Palestinian territory (OCHAoPt) states that a Palestinian village is facing a high risk of forced displacement. The report said that the village of Susiya in the south Hebron hills in the West Bank is very close to an Israeli settlement and a military base, which is putting this village at risk of forced displacement, ‘due to the lack of adequate planning and its close proximity to an Israeli settlement.’

These characteristics make the community a “high priority” for demolitions, according to the Israeli Civil Administration’s (ICA) criteria applied in Area C. In response to a petition filed by a settler group to the Israeli High Court, the State indicated in March 2012 that it would act soon against outstanding demolition orders in Susiya. The village’s community has lived there since before 1948 and currently it has 350 residents.

And that’s all for today from IMEMC News, this was the Monday, April 2nd daily news roundup from the Occupied Palestinian Territories. Please Join us again tomorrow. For more news and updates please visit our website at www.imemc.org. Today’s report has been brought to you by Husam Qassis and me, Ghassan Bannoura.

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail
« »

IMEMC News

Related Articles